• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp-300 Troubles

Bob 67

My printer starts up well then once the heaters reach temp, machine beeps and the set up button starts flashing. Screen on printer reads "setup sheet" , Versaworks shows Status: setup incomplete.

Anyone have this happen before, any ideas? Talked to my rep late on friday and he figured it was power supply, yet ive been printing from this outlet for months.

Barry

A couple of things I can think of off the top of my head.

First Im assuming you have put the lever down that controls the pinch rollers. Second you need to double check and make sure that the pinch rollers are over the grit rollers. If the pinch rollers are not over the grit rollers you will get this error.

If the above is not the problem you may try cleaning your encoder strip. The encoder strip is a thin piece of plastic film right behind the wire that pulls the head back and forth. Use a soft lint free cloth and be careful not to scratch the strip.

If that does not work you will probably have to get a tech out to service the machine. Ive dug through the service manual myself and could not find anything related to your problem.

Bob 67

Thanks Barry,

But nothing changed, I tried shutting the machine down for a few minutes, restarted, I was able to print off a test page. Started to design a sign I needed and before I could send it to print (about 15 minutes) it beeped again and setup light started flashing. A few times it got 25% into a job then would stop printing. Its almost like its overheating and has some sort of safety shut off, When setup is flashing nothing except shutting it off will work. I'll repost when I find out what has caused this.
Thanks. Bob

txsurfer

try turning your heat down, also make sure you are not covering the exhaust fans in the back of the machine?

Bob 67

Well its ends up I have a bad servo board. Tech is coming tomorrow afternoon with a new one, Thanks to all that tried to help. Its sure nice to have other sign shop owners eager to help people they dont even know!

Cheers. Bob