• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V won´t switch on.....

markus7947

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with my Roland SP-300V (old Model, 2006).

After a Printhead change the machine does not switch on. There is nothing happening - no lights on the Boards, no light on the Display.....nothing.

I called the technican and he said propably the Mainboard is broken. I sent the boards to MacMedia and they said everything is fine (Mainboard and ServoBoard). After that we checked the power supply in a different machine and it´s ok.

Has anyone of you had a problem like this before? Could it be caused because of a broken printhead? I was reading about that before but in every post i found, the menues on the printer where still accessible. Can i simply plug in the old printheads? - they where dryed out.....

Thanks for your help in advance and excuse my english - i´m from austria. :)

Regards Markus

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With the machine unplugged and discharged of any residual electric charge, double check that you have the head cables in properly. Check the leads on the cables for any broken, bent or burnt leads. Make sure the leads a pointing in the right direction and completely set straight down in the terminals. Sometimes if the cables are not plugged in correctly or damaged it will cause the machine to not turn on.

phototec

I have read that when unpluging print heads you need to have the POWER turned off or it can blow the print head fuse, maybe that is part of your problem? Not 100% sure this would cause the machine to not turn on, but as mentioned above, check all your cable connections and the printhead fuse.

Good luck...

markus7947

It works!

Hi and thanks for your advice! And thanks to VanderJ!

I finally found the problem.... IT WAS A CABLE!!!!!!! In fact it was one of the Printhead Cables leading from the Board to the Printheads.
There was a short circuit between pin1 and pin2.

So if anyone has issues like this - TRIPPLE check all cables! I checked them myself, the technican checked them and today we both checked them and now it´s all good!!!!

Love this forum - you gave me the initial advice to check the cables a third time!

Many many thanks and regards from austria

Markus

:signs101: rules!

phototec

Hi and thanks for your advice! And thanks to VanderJ!

I finally found the problem.... IT WAS A CABLE!!!!!!! In fact it was one of the Printhead Cables leading from the Board to the Printheads.
There was a short circuit between pin1 and pin2.

So if anyone has issues like this - TRIPPLE check all cables! I checked them myself, the technican checked them and today we both checked them and now it´s all good!!!!

Love this forum - you gave me the initial advice to check the cables a third time!

Many many thanks and regards from austria

Markus

:signs101: rules!

Hi Markus,

Glad you were able to to get your printer fixed, up and running.

Also want to THANY YOU for letting us all know what the problem was, many times on 101 folks come on here and ask for help/suggestions and we never hear back from them.

You did a good thing posting your end results, this will help others in the future.

Also, Thank you Vander

:thumb: