• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540 V printing ink dots

hakimeesigns

We have a Roland SP-540.

Recently it has been spraying dots on any and all media. I am thinking it is time for a wiper replace, but correct me I am wrong, and also if anyone could please direct me on how to do a wiper replace.

Check your heads with a flashlight, look for hairs, dried ink, or banner strings hanging from the heads. Do a very good head cleaning using the swabs, change the wipers, clean wiper scraper, and do a close look at the caps for hairs, etc... Or, you may have had a bad head crash and scratched your head(s).

Oops! Wiper replacement: turn front power off...then hold the Cleaning button + Power - scroll down to wiper replace - the wipers will come out for easy replacement - simply use tweezers to remove the old wipers and exchange with new.

hakimeesigns

I have done a thorough cleanup, and have yet to check how it prints, if it doesn't print fine then maybe will try a wiper replace.

Appreciate the help. Alot.