• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp 540i Had A Service Call 0110 Cleaned Encoder Now Carriages Are Separated?

jayboe16

Got a few service call 0110 warnings and prints were a little wobbly so I cleaned the encoder strip really good now when it gets ready to make its first pass - it is giving me a carriages are separated error? any easy fixes?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually when the good ol' 0110 comes up I run the limit position initialization then I go into the service mode and run the encoder calibration and setup. Then environmental match in the user mode. If all of those things run and complete successfully, you should be good to go. If any fail, something is broken or needs to be adjusted.

strypguy

The last time this happened to me I had to replace the encoder strip and my scan motor was bad as well. I'm not sure if that is your problem but something to look at.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it were me I would replace the encoder strip and sensor. There is a small possibility that it is the servo board but that is much more rare.

Hey Jayboe16,

The post suggestions above are all good. We suspect you'll be fine after executing many of those recommendations, however, if you continue to struggle with this, it's strongly encouraged for you to call your authorized Roland dealer to have the printer repaired. They will take care of you!

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,
Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

cyclerc

Same problem here! Linear encoder and calibration fail. New sensor,new strip,new motor, initializtion done but the problem is still here error 0110. Please help

krstep

Same problem here! Linear encoder and calibration fail. New sensor,new strip,new motor, initializtion done but the problem is still here error 0110. Please help
I don't want to start a new thread because I have the same problem now.
Enterily new enocder, new sensor still I can't power on the machine.
I only have error service call 0110.
Any suggestions?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Any suggestions?
Did you do the limit Initialization?

Joe House

Assuming everything was installed correctly - Did you perform the encoder set up and encoder calibration? These need to be done first, then the limit initialization.

Good Luck.

rafaelglins

Any suggestions?
Same problem here too! Changed encoder strip with VP 540, new scan motor and new sensor. Encoder setup, calibration, limit position, etc...
Could you solve the problem?

Thanks!

krstep

Same problem here too! Changed encoder strip with VP 540, new scan motor and new sensor. Encoder setup, calibration, limit position, etc...
Could you solve the problem?

Thanks!
I'm sorry I wasn't monitoring this thread.
I fixed the problem with a new scan motor but it was still showing the same error.
But the thing you must pay attention is when installing the motor for the RED line to be aligned correctly with other gear.
I turned in 90 degrees and the problem was FIXED no more 0110.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    83.7 KB · Views: 119