• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp-540v carriage is shuddering

Halyaghsi

Hi!
I have a problem with my roland sp-540v , when I printed after while was error shown (0080 0080), I made initialize limit but the moving of carriage is shuddering it was unusual for me. carriage tried to finish from left to right but it was not succeed and message shows that out of range and tried many time same problem, I tried to clean and greasing but didn't help and when I turned it on message shows SP-??? and after that service call 0101.
Next day when I plug it out and try again to initialize limit , the carriage return back but still the same noise and the same shuddering but when I turned the printer on it back correct (sp-540v) :)
I wonder what is the problem for carriage shuddering , is it scan motor I should to replace it or something else?
please help me with that
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2221c81b-5ad7-4d28-a1be-c5b106143f57.jpg
    2221c81b-5ad7-4d28-a1be-c5b106143f57.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 319
  • 782af7f7-14ba-4df3-8a4e-5ec12468a2f4.jpg
    782af7f7-14ba-4df3-8a4e-5ec12468a2f4.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 202

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sounds like the actual "X?" (across) axis motor or gear is bad. I know the gear can lose teeth and the motor can also go out. We replaced these on older Mimaki printers with similar issues and heavy use.

Philw

0080 0080 is an over current error.. If nothing is jamming the carriage, Scan motor is dying..
I had a similar problem on an SP-300V recently. It was a relatively new scan motor so I doubted that was the problem. In the end after disconnecting the cut carriage from the print carriage and disconnecting the scan motor gears I found the cut carriage motion was smooth across the entire transom but the print carriage was binding badly at several points. It appears in the end that a slight buildup of ink over spray and light lubrication fluid had created a dry paste in the upper and lower groves of the transom rail causing the print carriage to binding, after several cleans and some light lubrication the machine settled down and has run fine since.

Terry01

I had a similar problem on an SP-300V recently. It was a relatively new scan motor so I doubted that was the problem. In the end after disconnecting the cut carriage from the print carriage and disconnecting the scan motor gears I found the cut carriage motion was smooth across the entire transom but the print carriage was binding badly at several points. It appears in the end that a slight buildup of ink over spray and light lubrication fluid had created a dry paste in the upper and lower groves of the transom rail causing the print carriage to binding, after several cleans and some light lubrication the machine settled down and has run fine since.
As I stated, "if nothing is jamming the carriage"

Goatshaver

I had similar issue on my SP-540V and replaced the scan motor and worked great. You might also have to replace the gear that the scan motor drives if it's damaged.