• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540v changing form Eco-solvent to regular solvent?

DRamm76

I would have to think not. I'm sure it would involve a lot more than just changing the ink. I would contact Roland directly on this one

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i started printing with solvent (splash of color FJ), then switched to eco-solvent. they don't compare, solvent is much better.

BUT, the maintence is about 100 times more work.

DRamm76

Not to mention adding on ventilation. Some say if you START with Solvent and then switch you may wish you hadn't at times..such as the post above..but to go through all that for the SP-540V is a bit much

Riskok

Ahh thanks for all you help I will stick whit Eco-solvent.
I was thinking about doing this because when I print MX Decals there are some problems that solvent guys dont have.

Best Regards Patrik

mark in tx

I converted both an SP540 and an XC 540 from eco sol to Triangle bulk inks, which is a medium solvent.
Did not have any problems with the conversion or the machines afterward.
You will get a better color gamut, and a tougher ink.
Key to the whole process is getting the machines profiled after the conversion.

anotherdog

I did not realze that triangle were medium Solvent. A better Gamut and tougher ink may be worth the price of rotted lungs (live today, pay tomorrow).
Though I have my suspicions about Eco-Sol ink.

MachServTech

There is a BIG difference between "mild" or medium solvent and full on cyclo based "heavy" solvent used in the grand format banner printers. The stuff Triangle uses for Mimaki should be just fine, but your better off getting a used Seiko or Hp9000 for that purpose ($5000+) They use a medium solvent ink and have an extremely large gamut with lots of canned profiles.