• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp 540v ink question

Johanswe

my first post. my english is very bad but hope you understand.

I have bought a roland sp 540v with new printheads, which ink do you drive with? I have used an epson converted to eco solvent until now. in it I used eco solvent from plottery365.pl which is cheap and for dx4 heads. can I also use it in my roland? and what about icc profiles with that color?

IsItFasst

I too have always used OEM ink in my SP (had for over 10 years now). For the volume I do it probably only costs me a few hundred dollars more a year more to run OEM inks. Heard too many horror stories about aftermarket inks ruining heads. Though in a used machine I bought a few months ago from a refurbisher it does have one cyan "Marabu" cartridge in the machine still going strong.

Johanswe

Thanks for the reply!

In Sweden, a 440 ml costs 168 dollars. and the paint I ran in my epson consts 22 dollars for 1000ml.