• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp 540v print an cut off

Curran81

Hi new on here. I have an sp540v tried everything but print and cut still off. Any help greatly appreciated

damonCA21

Hi do you mean the cutting is not aligned properly to the print, so is cutting in the wrong place? Have you gone through the cut calibration on the printer as this will allow you small adjusments.
If it is out more than this then there are various reasons it can happen

IsItFasst

We need more details. If calibration isn't working, then your encoder strip could need to be cleaned or replaced. I had problems cutting long decals until I replaced the wheel/rollers on my SP. Also look for cracks on the pinch roller arms.

Curran81

Yes done all the calibrations can get it down to approximately 1mm each way but just can't get it perfect will post pics

damonCA21

The next things to do would be to clean the encoder strip, or replace. Clean or replace sensor encoder and if none of that works it points to a failing print carriage board ( the encoder connects to this, and the signal is sent from there to the main board )

Curran81

85596AB4-9E7F-42E1-9E43-FE79E04D418E.jpeg
10826597-2275-4FCA-B1DD-BAA5FF2DCBD5.jpeg 5C4185E8-CE18-4961-B42A-38EFB2A1DE89.jpeg
Maybe been over fussy but every time cutting squares it only cuts 3 sides

damonCA21

I cant really tell from your pic, but both your scan and feed look off. When you print out the test, peel the vinyl off and you can see exactly where the cut line is going in relation to the printed marks

damonCA21

Note as well that the cut should go through the centre of the feed and scan all the way to the top. It looks like your vinyl is shifting as the cut is being made. Replace the encoder strip, and also check your pinch rollers for any signs for cracks in the black plastic parts. It could be worth replacing them anyway as they could be worn and not putting equal pressure onto the vinyl

Curran81

Note as well that the cut should go through the centre of the feed and scan all the way to the top. It looks like your vinyl is shifting as the cut is being made. Replace the encoder strip, and also check your pinch rollers for any signs for cracks in the black plastic parts. It could be worth replacing them anyway as they could be worn and not putting equal pressure onto the vinyl
Hi Damon
Replaced encoder strip still having same problems. Not seeing any cracks in the roller mounts but have ordered new ones anyway. Is there a certain sequence to set print an cut?

damonCA21

There isn't really a sequence, you just need to to adjust the feed and scan values until you are getting the cut going exactly where it should be. Note that sometimes this will work by just using the numbers from the test print, but sometimes you need to manually tweak this as well.

What I prefer to do is to make up some artwork with 4 1x1cm squares spaced across the width of the vinyl, with a contour cut around the edge of each. Then run the job and see where the cuts are made, and adjust the numbers based on that instead.

Note that as the numbers can only be adjusted in certain increments, it isn't always possible to get the cut 100% accurate, sometimes you need to set it to the closest you can get it, then use a bleed on all artwork to disguise the slight misalignment. This is more common on older or high use printers where parts have worn slightly, but I have also seen it on pretty new ones where they are just slightly 'out' from the factory