• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp300 cyan and black not firing

hozette

Sign Designer, Production Manager
Friday I started to do head alignment because had streaks in my printing. It was end of day decided to wait until Monday. Monday, did cleaning and test print,
the black and blue did not print a drop of ink. I did 4 deep cleaning and still no ink. I used the syringe to draw ink from the damper sill no ink. HELP!
I have 3 calls in to Florida Graphics for help. I don't think I will get help from them. That is another story.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I am going through the exactly the same thing. I found my fuse was blown for the black/cyan. They are on the back circuit board on my SP300. ALSO they don't look like fuses. They are small and rectangular 1.6A. If u can find them check them with an ohm meter.
Also they are soldered on to the board. I have ordered new ones through Sign China. I have been dealing with this for the last week and there are other posts on the Roland forum about this.

Last edited:

Ragnabrok

sounds like a blown fuse, or a cable not inserted all the way in. A blown fuse isn't a huge deal, though they are tricky to solder on. What causes the fuse to blow is the concern. hopefully its something like a loose cable, new fuses and reseated cables and you're back up and running.

If the new fuses blow instantly upon powering on, the potential causes climb up.