• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300V Heat Transfer Vinyl Wash Issue - Siser

Mellie

Hey! I'm using a Roland SP300V with Versaworks (updated recently). Several customers have come to me lately that their heat transfer vinyls are looking scratched up when washed. In the last couple of months, due to the upcoming holidays, I've sold hundreds so I was skeptical that it was only a couple of customers. Same ink and ICC profile but paper roll may have changed. Using Siser Colorprint Easy. Long story short, I pressed one myself, waited 24 hours, washed and it looked crappy....all scratched up looking. Changed the ICC profile to TTRH and it still did it but not as bad. Heat settings at 35 and 45. Any ideas...ink?

Dan360

Something did happen to the Colorprint Easy over the last year or so, we stopped using it. It was never rated as latex compatible but used to print beautifully and then all of a sudden it was garbage. My theory is they did change something, could be related to your issue, might not.

Are they washing according to Siser's specs?

• Wait 24 hours before 1st wash
• Machine wash cold / mild detergent
• Dry on normal dryer setting
• Do not dry clean or bleach

Mellie

Something did happen to the Colorprint Easy over the last year or so, we stopped using it. It was never rated as latex compatible but used to print beautifully and then all of a sudden it was garbage. My theory is they did change something, could be related to your issue, might not.

Are they washing according to Siser's specs?

• Wait 24 hours before 1st wash
• Machine wash cold / mild detergent
• Dry on normal dryer setting
• Do not dry clean or bleach

Thank you for responding! I was beginning to think I was invisible :)

In testing, we definitely used the washing instructions advised. I switched to a new roll, print/cut, waited 24 to press, another 24 hours to wash and once again....still looks all scratched up. And this is a brand new roll so you are correct in that it may just be the colorprint. I have new ink arriving today to make sure it's not the ink.

Would you please share which brand you switched to when you stopped using colorprint?

Dan360

We still use ColorPrint PU a bit for large shapes because we have it in stock and have to use it up. Nothing detailed because it's such a pain to transfer.

Our main HTV is Chemica 1702, prints and transfers much better than the printable Siser stuff, weeding is about the same. High tack mask, and if you really want to, you can reuse the mask for a couple transfers. I've only done it a couple times because it's more efficient to apply sheet to sheet and trim. No complaints from customers.

Though Roland has their own HTV you may want to take a look at.

Mellie

We still use ColorPrint PU a bit for large shapes because we have it in stock and have to use it up. Nothing detailed because it's such a pain to transfer.

Our main HTV is Chemica 1702, prints and transfers much better than the printable Siser stuff, weeding is about the same. High tack mask, and if you really want to, you can reuse the mask for a couple transfers. I've only done it a couple times because it's more efficient to apply sheet to sheet and trim. No complaints from customers.

Though Roland has their own HTV you may want to take a look at.

Thank you so much for your help!