• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND SP300V NOT SHOOTING INK

sitaelectronics

Previous state : printer was working fine only few nozzles print were missing.

Current.chnaged damper, cap cleand all tubes suck inks in damper with syringe pump is working fine.

Problem

flushed print heads all nozzles open now and accidently when I shot once carriage board with screw driver, machine went off one time turned off and i turned on back fine, checked all fuses on mbrd is fine print head is not firing ink. Everything is working good just print head is not firing not even 1 dot. Both head doing same thing pump is puming ink in print head drain bottle shows ink coming but not firing ink not even a single ink dot. What could be possible wrong print head or carriage board can sombody give vision what could be bad heads or carriage board. Asked one tech he came and checked he said it can be head, but I think it be carriage board please give your views so I order right parts according to it. Thanks to all

Terry01

If all inks are at the heads, and the 2 fuses are ok on the main board, you have possibly got 2 fried heads
To ensure inks are at the heads, suck some ink using a syringe on the two hoses that come from the captops to the pump.
Theres a Y piece on the front of the capping station that links the 2 hoses into one. suck ink there to ensure heads are full

Terry01

Cleaning fluid wont destroy the heads.. If you have shorted anything out, the fuses usually blow as they are only 1.5 amp
Make sure you have ink at heads, make sure you haven't damaged any of the 4 cables

Terry01

Are you repairing the printer for yourself or for a client?? These systems are fairly robust and parts are fairly expensive if you haven't got spares to cross test them with.
Printheads are $500usd each, carriage boards are $50usd, servo boards are $500usd and main boards are around $3000usd..

Terry01

What did you actually touch that shorted the system enough for it to shut down altogether???
How about posting a few photos showing where you possibly touched the boards or printheads,
the location of fuses you have checked, and wipe the face of a head with a wipe to show ink is at the face of the printhead.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with above. If the fuses test good and there is ink flowing during cleanings, the heads are probably fried. That being said, you should test the fuses off the board to get the best results. I have run into it many times where the customer said the fuses were fine but then tested them outside the board and they were bad.

sitaelectronics

I checked fuses when its solder to m brd. So I am being advised to remove from brd and check.
As Terry asked I will post few pictures with all results let see how it goes thx for all of ur supports.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I checked fuses when its solder to m brd. So I am being advised to remove from brd and check.
It's up to you and your confidence in your soldering skills. For some people that's something they do everyday and for some it's a big task. At the end of the day on that machine, if a head isn't firing, it's either the fuse or transistor is blown on the main board, the head is blown, or the head is clogged/ink isn't flowing. Since we know ink is flowing, it has to be one of the other two.

sitaelectronics

It's up to you and your confidence in your soldering skills. For some people that's something they do everyday and for some it's a big task. At the end of the day on that machine, if a head isn't firing, it's either the fuse or transistor is blown on the main board, the head is blown, or the head is clogged/ink isn't flowing. Since we know ink is flowing, it has to be one of the other two.
Yes we do soldering at store regular bases ok I will try remiving fuse and. Check today transistors are good giving same ohms on all .
Thx

Terry01

By all accounts, it sounds like you may have fried the heads. They are the next weakest link in the chain..Any cleaner or ink running down the cables onto the contacts is enough to fry them.

thunderdesigns

same problem here, crossed the ribon cables going to the heads and the other heads fired instead. checked the fuses and it looks like the right one is blown. ill update one i get the new fuse installed.