• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300V Sleep Interval Purging

mikestickers

Chief, Cook and Dish Washer!
Having an issue with my Roland SP300V ...It will not run self clean / purge while in sleep mode when not being used about every 3 hrs like it used to.

I have reset the factory settings, updated the firmware and that doesn't even fix it. Is there a anything in the admin settings in the control panel? Also I'm locked out if that option, that last service guy that swapped out one of my heads added a password to it and is no where to be found. Any way to override that password and or know how to fix the sleep purge issue?

GTSTech_1

There is no way to change the time lapse or timeframe when the printer wakes up to do a cleaning once it's asleep, or if you have turned off the sub power and left for the night. You can check to see how long of a timeframe until the printer goes to sleep (refer to your user manual page 75). Once in sleep mode, I tought it was usually about every 6 to 8 hours passed before it would wakeup and do a little cleaning cycle, but that was using OEM Roland inks. 3rd party inks cause the printer to perform more cleaning cycles vs OEM inks in a 24 hour period time.

There is no or has there ever been a password setup on your Roland. I suspect that the tech went into "Service Mode", rather I know he had to in order to properly install the head.

Just me .02

Glennora

I've had the same problem. It got 90% better after replacing the head caps but I don't know if the two are related.