• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP540v

mikestickers

Chief, Cook and Dish Washer!
My SP540v has a cut problem. It wonders off as it goes farther across the table. I have a new ribbon, did a cut config and aligned everything, even did an "auto" cut adjustment and yet it still wonders off almost 1/16 on each sticker. By the time it get across 54 inches it off almost an inch......Anyone know whats happening or how to fix it?

see attached images. #1 shows 1/16 off, #2 shows 1/8 off and the 3rd shows 3/16 off

Mike
Mail@mikestickers.com

Attachments

• 20190906_213723.jpg
    20190906_213723.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 309
  • 20190906_213726.jpg
    20190906_213726.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 254
  • 20190906_213730.jpg
    20190906_213730.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Technician

Drive it hard
Is it print and cut you have problems with? Or do you take out and laminate and cut?
Is the problem in scan directions only or is it in feed directions to. Is everything good in beginning and getting worse and worse?
You said you change some ribbon. Is it the linear scale you talk about?

mikestickers

Is it print and cut you have problems with? Or do you take out and laminate and cut?
Is the problem in scan directions only or is it in feed directions to. Is everything good in beginning and getting worse and worse?
You said you change some ribbon. Is it the linear scale you talk about?
Yes its print and cut, it even does it when cut is in separate job when laminating. the first cut is off also but gets worse with the next one and worse with the next one. It seems to only be with the scan.

Technician

Drive it hard
If you do the print and cut calibration. (Do the one with the 3 black square) how does it look?
Can you adjust it to perfect?
Don’t do the automatic calibration. It will never be good

Goatshaver

You need to enter the service mode.

Then enter Service mode > Print and cut adj > Setting 2 > then you'll see some adjustments. Press and hold Test Cut and it'll print the three squares across the sheet and cut them and you can make the adjustments.

• Agree
Reactions: Baz

mikestickers

I was able to get into service mode but now it says service mode protected....How do I unlock it?

IsItFasst

I was able to get into service mode but now it says service mode protected....How do I unlock it?
You aren't in service mode if it says that. The combination has to be followed precisely or it will say that message because it knows your are trying to get into it. I know I see the message every so often when I do it wrong. Also, I think the combination of the last 3 controls (the ones you hold) is backwards from what I read online.

equippaint

down right left up right down left. then left + down + right + power at the same time. You have to do it quickly
IMO, its better to do all the adjustments in service mode

timkaz227

I never knew there was an "Auto". Try print cut adj. first. You print it then it makes the cuts then you adjust the scan & feed based on what you see.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Try adjusting the cut speed and doing some testing. Depending on the material you're using, and the blade settings, faster or slower might work better.
I also get better results cutting on the SP540v when the material has cooled and heater is off.

TimToad

An obvious question is whether the rollers may have moved during reloading of the media after laminating.

Depending on the age and model, the distance between your outer rollers has to match when you go back to cut.

mikestickers

down right left up right down left. then left + down + right + power at the same time. You have to do it quickly
IMO, its better to do all the adjustments in service mode
OK, I was able to get back into service mode, I did the print test with the three squares and it cut all three the same. but it still walks off on the scan cut, the fees cut is ok

2ny

It has to be something with the ribbon you replaced.
If it worked ok before the change, than this is the only change in the scan direction that can cause this...?

Good luck
Tony

Chriswagner92

The sp540v has never been a good cutter in my opinion. We had to limit it to like 3' at a time. Clean everything, make sure the encoder strip isn't in need of replacing, do an environment match, and make the panels as small as possible.

mikestickers

The sp540v has never been a good cutter in my opinion. We had to limit it to like 3' at a time. Clean everything, make sure the encoder strip isn't in need of replacing, do an environment match, and make the panels as small as possible.
Ya, when I first got the machine (Used) it walked off on the first 54" cut, but worked fine when I did the test on a 30"