• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland take-up system

signnation

Is anyone aware of a Roland take-up system available in the US besides the one Roland makes for $1895. I have found several in the UK but can't seem to find one here in the states??

Any info would be great.

signnation

FYI - If you buy a take up you may also need an additional heater so your prints won't stick as they roll up.

Thanks for the info...the take up systems I have looked at and mounted on the bottom bar near the wheels, it is not a top mount like Rolands. I don't see how it is different then it rolling up on the floor and I've never had a sticking issue.

Do you still think a heater is necessary?

It all depends on the media type - vinyl or paper, and it's different when being rolled up tightly. At the very least you can place a box fan in front of the print to get some air blowing over to help dry. Even if you have that Florida heat you still may need (at times) the air movement over the media...it really helps. With the SP models, we install a 3rd heater before the take-up and still require a fan at times to help get things dry.