• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVis VG2-640 Issues

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
I am looking for any information that people can give me on issues with the TrueVis VG2-640. We have contacted our sales person, Roland also knows that there is issues, however it seems like they are just brushing the problem off. We are trying to build a case that there is issues with the printer and/or the ink so that our case can be taken seriously. Any help will be appreciated.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Anything built before the VG range were decent. Not so much after that though. Plenty of reports all over the forum with various issues.

victor bogdanov

I've been running 2 sg2 last 9 months (8hr per day at least) and have been trouble free. A friend has a 5 month old sg2 where the scan motor started making odd noises and roland replaced the motor.

I know it's the opposite of info you're looking for but just throwing it out there to show there are probably many printers out there running trouble free. Hopefully you resolve whatever problem you're having.

Only thing I can think of problems on my end is versaworks crashing twice costing me a panel but most likely due to the files

kaotic1

So I know I'm late to this but I have had nothing but problems with my VG2 since I bought its back in August of 2019.
I've been through 3 printheads in that time, along with a bunch of dampers and captops.

Warranty is finally up and I am looking into replacing it with something else because its only a matter of time before something else goes wrong.

I had a SP-300v before this that was an absolute beast for 15 years, it incredibly disappointing what has happened to Roland.

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
We are still having issues with ours. It isn't even telling us when Ink is needing to be replaced until it is too late. Normally versaworks pops up with a warning saying that we don't have enough ink for the project but it doesn't even come up.

kaotic1

I've had two separate occasions where mine has needed a head replacement when it started leaking cyan from he head. One time it randomly started not printing yellow properly, after a week of back and forth with the tech their answer was to replace my half full cartridge (on my dime) and to make sure I "occasionally take out the ink bags and give them a good shake going forward". I've also been getting bunching issues with heavier media since the day I get the machine.

As for the ink replacement warning, I get a low ink warning but its as good useless because I'll get it for dozens of prints before it actually runs out.

petepaz

we had all kinds of issues. took roland and our vendor almost a year of rebuilding our VG-540 before it was working properly.
printing issues, cutting issues, tracking issues, head/cap top issues, pinch roller issues, then i believe there were also a couple of recalls.
i told them to come get the machine and either give us the money back or bring a brand new working machine but the owner waited it out till they fixed it properly