• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Roland TrueVis Vg2 series VS Mimaki CJV 150 series

Jenssen

Hi, due too little space I need/want Print and Cut in one unit.. for sign and stickers print.. Im looking at Roland TrueVis VG2 or Mimaki JVC 150 series...(or is there any other brand out there?) Does someone have pros / cons on these -Thank you -

victor bogdanov

Hi, due too little space I need/want Print and Cut in one unit.. for sign and stickers print.. Im looking at Roland TrueVis VG2 or Mimaki JVC 150 series...(or is there any other brand out there?) Does someone have pros / cons on these -Thank you -

I got a new Roland SG2 about a month ago, so far working great and the colors blow my old Roland VS away. It has only been a month for me and 1 set of inks but so far 0 issues, a bit faster than my old printer and colors are WAY better. I went with roland since I already had one and did not want to learn anything new. Don't know much about the mimaki although I did consider it also.

stxrmxn

I got a new Roland SG2 about a month ago, so far working great and the colors blow my old Roland VS away. It has only been a month for me and 1 set of inks but so far 0 issues, a bit faster than my old printer and colors are WAY better. I went with roland since I already had one and did not want to learn anything new. Don't know much about the mimaki although I did consider it also.
Not a very technical answer here but i have used both and from an operators point of view only it would be Roland for me. Easier to use for yourself and staff. Again, not sure on running costs and small technical nuances but at the end of the day they put ink on vinyl and cut said vinyl out. A few cents here and there (and maybe Mimaki is more expensive) is nothing compared to ease of use.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I have an old mimaki. The CJV series has always been pretty sturdy, never had any issues with cutting and I’ve easily print/cut 600,000 square feet of vinyl through that thing. It’s a tank.

That being said, I HATE rasterlink. It’s a very limited rip software that only really supports mimaki equipment. There are plugins etc for illy but that just adds to your work.

Homestly, both machines probably aren’t too different so you probably can’t go wrong either way. Likely just worth seeing which one you can get better service/tech support on. No point saving 2k on the printer if you lose that in engineer costs the first time the thing breaks.

Jenssen

Thank you for the reply! - I am new with both brands and solvent ink..

Jenssen

Not a very technical answer here but i have used both and from an operators point of view only it would be Roland for me. Easier to use for yourself and staff. Again, not sure on running costs and small technical nuances but at the end of the day they put ink on vinyl and cut said vinyl out. A few cents here and there (and maybe Mimaki is more expensive) is nothing compared to ease of use.

-Thank you for your opinion - Ease of use score high on my list .

Jenssen

I have an old mimaki. The CJV series has always been pretty sturdy, never had any issues with cutting and I’ve easily print/cut 600,000 square feet of vinyl through that thing. It’s a tank.

That being said, I HATE rasterlink. It’s a very limited rip software that only really supports mimaki equipment. There are plugins etc for illy but that just adds to your work.

Homestly, both machines probably aren’t too different so you probably can’t go wrong either way. Likely just worth seeing which one you can get better service/tech support on. No point saving 2k on the printer if you lose that in engineer costs the first time the thing breaks.

-Thank you for the reply! .. Im in a small town with no tec, so they have to fly in for service on both brands..

landdesigns

What brand did you get?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I got the Roland, working good so far.
I was considering the Roland, but for $1000 more I was able to get the Mimaki UJVC300-160. We have not had delivery yet, so I can't really comment on it yet, I am a long time Roland VersaWorks user so I am not really excited about switching to RasterLink, but I am excited to experiment with UV inks and new materials.