• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Truevis vg3 HELPPP!!

filipa leite

Hello

I need a lot of help, this time of the start of sports seasons is always a lot of work
And again my Roland is having problems...
It's been 4 months or so since the brand took responsibility and changed the print head, and now I'm having the same problem again.
The nozzles are perfect but the print comes out with scratches...
Unfortunately, the company that sold me the machine is very difficult to get assistance from.
Can anyone give me help? I'm very disappointed with the machine, will I have to change the print head every half a year?
Thanks best regards to all

Attachments

• 3d3df64b-8ca0-4e5e-8214-23101156fcd9.jpeg
    3d3df64b-8ca0-4e5e-8214-23101156fcd9.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 51b47950-ac63-434e-8866-fc609731effb.jpeg
    51b47950-ac63-434e-8866-fc609731effb.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 126

GenoaTom

Hi,
If you haven't already tried, I would suggest performing a manual Feed Correction calibration. I have found that if I do not have a profile properly set up for each different media we use, I'll get similar quality issues. It is important that you select and perform a manual calibration. The automatic one seldom gets the feed calibration correct. We have had some issues with these machines as well but when they are running right they output nicely. I hope you do not need a new printhead!
Good luck!

somcalmetim

Not sure what you mean by scratches....are you talking about the spotty white dots in the black section or the banding in the green?
I had trouble getting a good black at first with some profiles...had small white spots in the black until I changed to one of Rolands own media profiles on good material. Changed to Roland DGA Glossy Pro media profile that someone else here recommended and it gives nice ink coverage on 3M 180. Some vinyls take ink better as well, the cheap roll of crap they gave me with the machine is terrible and spotty no matter what profile you use.
Any banding issues are usually remedied with cleaning...the heads are easy to clean but you cant forget about the capping stations...use blunt syringe to fill each one with cleaning solution to see how fast it drains...give all the sponges and the rubber edging seals a scrub with a swab and fill them again with cleaning fluid syringe...repeat on any cap station that drains slow...the capping stations have to drain freely and be able to get a good seal on the bottom of the head or they wont pull ink through properly...even a hair across a capping station can kill the suction on that head and lead to clogs...

Last edited:

filipa leite

Hi,
If you haven't already tried, I would suggest performing a manual Feed Correction calibration. I have found that if I do not have a profile properly set up for each different media we use, I'll get similar quality issues. It is important that you select and perform a manual calibration. The automatic one seldom gets the feed calibration correct. We have had some issues with these machines as well but when they are running right they output nicely. I hope you do not need a new printhead!
Good luck!
The calibration is correct
Nozzles are prefect
This situation has happened exactly now and they had to change their print head, they made the change it was impeccable, 4 months and I'm in this again...
But what could be leading to this happening?...

filipa leite

Not sure what you mean by scratches....are you talking about the spotty white dots in the black section or the banding in the green?
I had trouble getting a good black at first with some profiles...had small white spots in the black until I changed to one of Rolands own media profiles on good material. Changed to Roland DGA Glossy Pro media profile that someone else here recommended and it gives nice ink coverage on 3M 180. Some vinyls take ink better as well, the cheap roll of crap they gave me with the machine is terrible and spotty no matter what profile you use.
Any banding issues are usually remedied with cleaning...the heads are easy to clean but you cant forget about the capping stations...use blunt syringe to fill each one with cleaning solution to see how fast it drains...give all the sponges and the rubber edging seals a scrub with a swab and fill them again with cleaning fluid syringe...repeat on any cap station that drains slow...the capping stations have to drain freely and be able to get a good seal on the bottom of the head or they wont pull ink through properly...even a hair across a capping station can kill the suction on that head and lead to clogs...
The white dots are to be on the vinyl that is, I'm talking about the green banding
I'm going to test doing this process

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You may be experiencing what is called "Dot Gain Banding". Read the entry by henryp in this thread for an excellent explanation of the different types of banding.

This link also gives quite a few explantions about various types of banding...

What are your heater settings, especially print heat? Try increasing the heat as high as possible, but below the point where the media starts to buckle.

weyandsign

Our SG did the same thing. Tried multiple cleanings and calibrations, various print settings and media, new ink. Perfect nozzle prints and heads looked perfectly clean. Certified Roland tech tried everything as well, but in the end, the only fix was to replace the head.