• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
I am having issues with Printing on the Roland TrueVis SVGII-640 printer. I have had this issue for over a year. I believe I mentioned something about it on this forum early last year about it.

The issue is that I am printing projects and randomly a lighter band of color will appear in the print. It doesn't matter if it is a solid color or a gradient it will appear. luckily with gradients it hides a little better than if it is a solid color. This has happened on 4 of the materials that I use. Avery Dennison 1105, Avery MPI 2050, Arlon 510GT, and Arlon High Tac DPF 8000. I shake the ink pouches to mix everything up, the temperature and humidity in the room are consistent. I can print 4 of the same image same day on the same roll and the issue appears on one of the prints. Versaworks is completely up to date on updates, the software on the printer is the same. I am at a loss as to what the issue is and my service guy hasn't offered any solutions as to what it could be during the entire time I have had this issue. Ink starvation doesn't make sense to me since it can happen at the beginning of the print and it happens in that one spot and it is fine the rest of the way.. Any advice would be appreciated.

1647450801883.png

1647450918857.png

1647451005925.png

I do have more examples than this.

Joe House

What is the humidity in your shop at? Most people don't keep track of this, but it impacts printing when it gets out of spec. Weather.com shows that it's 50 degrees and 29% Relative Humidity. If you're heating your shop up to 70 degrees (more or less), unless you are adding moisture with a humidifier, your shop's humidity is likely down around 15%. The recommended range id 40 - 60% RH and the optimal, according to Roland is 50%.
Low humidity leads to static buildup. Static buildup leads to all kinds of weird things. Cyan ink tends to be affected most by static charges which misdirect the ink laydown. Before you can really troubleshoot the issue, you need to make sure that the operating environment is within the manufacturer's spec.

Good luck

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
I am having issues with Printing on the Roland TrueVis SVGII-640 printer. I have had this issue for over a year. I believe I mentioned something about it on this forum early last year about it.

The issue is that I am printing projects and randomly a lighter band of color will appear in the print. It doesn't matter if it is a solid color or a gradient it will appear. luckily with gradients it hides a little better than if it is a solid color. This has happened on 4 of the materials that I use. Avery Dennison 1105, Avery MPI 2050, Arlon 510GT, and Arlon High Tac DPF 8000. I shake the ink pouches to mix everything up, the temperature and humidity in the room are consistent. I can print 4 of the same image same day on the same roll and the issue appears on one of the prints. Versaworks is completely up to date on updates, the software on the printer is the same. I am at a loss as to what the issue is and my service guy hasn't offered any solutions as to what it could be during the entire time I have had this issue. Ink starvation doesn't make sense to me since it can happen at the beginning of the print and it happens in that one spot and it is fine the rest of the way.. Any advice would be appreciated.

View attachment 158415
View attachment 158416
View attachment 158417

I do have more examples than this.
I have been able to get these to go away for the most part by shaking the ink pouches every week. (I actually do it 3 times a week just to be sure.)

petepaz

Maybe you should clean the feed encoder disk.
try that we had an issue i forget what it was but once we cleaned that it was fine. i have to say roland really crapped the bed with the truvis line in my opinion. we had one of the first models and it was nothing but headaches for almost 3 years. they finally got the printing issues resolved and then we had a cutting issue. we have had vp-540, sp-540, xc-540, xr-640 and lej-640 all great machines, work horses but the truvis was a huge disappointment and now they have stopped making the work horse printers. the new printers are now slower than the truvis series not sure why you would start making the machines slower, speed is pretty important. print quality was never an issue so not sure why they went down that path so we bought a mimaki after 20yrs of rolands (still have the xr and the lej, still working hard)