• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Truve ViS VG3 540

Stormy7

Good morning everyone

I was running the vg2 and wanted to try out the new VG3 540; ( CMYK, lc, lm Or Gr)
Upon running the test prints, I've had nothing but poor results can't seem to get it dialled in,
It almost looks like it's missing droplets; I've tried these files on other printers and have had excellent results. Mainly work from a Vector illustration. Ai and exporting as Pdf, sometimes converting the vector to Tiff. Then export as PDF.
I'll attach some photos; the black has white dots everywhere or missed droplets?, but these seem to be for all the colours, and I can't make a nice gradient. ( the Blk appears to be the most noticeable.

the bear on the left was printed on an older Roland
right this is the vg3 CMYK, lc, lm Or Gr
I've tried multiple profiles, multiple materials 3m ij35c and some local dealers' house media,
- M gap tests, Done
-machine print test Done; all heads are firing correctly
-I've ensured the machine is level

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Alex s K

Attachments

• 20230324_180526.jpg
    20230324_180526.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 328
  • 20230324_180428.jpg
    20230324_180428.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
  • 20230329_001256.jpg
    20230329_001256.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

econolinesigns

I was going to ask the same thing. Are the temps set correctly for the media? Are you using the correct media profile for your media? In Versaworks are you using the printer default temp or are you using theedia temp from the profile? We have the same printer and have not had a similar problem.

Stormy7

I was going to ask the same thing. Are the temps set correctly for the media? Are you using the correct media profile for your media? In Versaworks are you using the printer default temp or are you using theedia temp from the profile? We have the same printer and have not had a similar problem.
I haven't been able to find any profiles for (cmyk lc lm Or gr ) for 3m ij35 -10
I spoke with Roland direct and suggested I use generic vinyl preset 1 , but I have tried 1-3 plus, Roland dga gc pro &
Emulated Roland dga
As for heat I've ran it test on lower heat around 25-30 the tech has told me the 40 is gtg . I could try it off but I'm not sure how the heat would effect the spread of ink ?
Just looked aswell I've been using
( printer settings for heat control)
Ii'll try default media settings.
I'm very curious about the 900x900 dpi, I've seen some set at 1200x or even a
1440 x1080 .. Could dpI possibly be the issue ?

Thanks for the feed back ))
Cheers
Alex

cornholio

Has the installer done the M-Gap and horizontal adjustments in service mode?
If you fail to do so, user mode m-gap doesn't work.

Costaricanprinter

I haven't been able to find any profiles for (cmyk lc lm Or gr ) for 3m ij35 -10
I spoke with Roland direct and suggested I use generic vinyl preset 1 , but I have tried 1-3 plus, Roland dga gc pro &
Emulated Roland dga
As for heat I've ran it test on lower heat around 25-30 the tech has told me the 40 is gtg . I could try it off but I'm not sure how the heat would effect the spread of ink ?
Just looked aswell I've been using
( printer settings for heat control)
Ii'll try default media settings.
I'm very curious about the 900x900 dpi, I've seen some set at 1200x or even a
1440 x1080 .. Could dpI possibly be the issue ?

Thanks for the feed back ))
Cheers
Alex
You are definitely printing on a very low temp , try increase the temp pre med and post heater’s

Stormy7

Has the installer done the M-Gap and horizontal adjustments in service mode?
If you fail to do so, user mode m-gap doesn't work.
Hey CH
Yup Mgap & Horizontal was done in service mode. At first double printing was an issue but corrected with these corrections.

Thanks.
Alex

Stormy7

I've been using generic Vinyl 1 v2 with preset config Tr Color 2 and pre press general, been looking for profiles from 3m on the Roland site for the vg3 with (cmyk lc lm Or gr config, and no luck