• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland UV EUV ink has a "dangerous" rating?

mkmie

Lost Soul
Received the below email this morning. The machine that uses this ink is not our primary printer but handy for a few applications. I do not use after-market inks.
Do you think this is just a sales pitch by Digiprint or will I be having trouble getting OEM ink for the UV printer?

Hello,
We want to inform you of an upcoming end-of-life on the following items from Digiprint Supplies online store:

- Roland Eco-UV EUV Ink (220ml cartridge)

- Roland Eco-UV 4 Ink (500ml cartridge)

- Roland Eco-UV 4 Ink (220ml cartridge)

These items will be discontinued due to the inks' dangerous rating, making them difficult to store and transport.

We want to give you the opportunity to buy the last units we have in stock at the special discount of 10% with the coupon code EUVINK10.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and assistance in helping us to help you minimize the impact of this product discontinuation on your company. We promise that we are consistently dedicated to providing you with a growing range of inks and spare parts for wide-format digital printers. We look forward to our successful partnership and our support for your company's requirements in the years to come.

Please feel free to contact us if you need more information about the quantity in stock. They will go fast, and we recommend you place your order quickly.

Sincerely,

Daniel Lopez
T: 941-256-7980
E: usa@digiprint-supplies.com

us.digiprint-supplies.com

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The official end of life for the Roland LEJ-640FT, which uses this ink, is October 2025. So, according to Roland's policy, the ink should be available until then.

JBurton

Signtologist
Perhaps they changed insurance policies and this was the only product that tipped the scales to the next tier? If that is the case, they are being pretty shady, trying to frighten someone into buying the last of their stock up...

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I may be wrong but at least on our Lef-20 some of the older inks were hazmat as they were corrosive. The newer inks are not so they are easier ship.

The older inks adhered better to certain things like glass though and you didn't have to use adhesion promoter.

We were using the older but finally switched to the newer mainly because shipping was easier.

dreko

This is sketchy. I use those inks in the new LEC2-300 ((the even newer LEC2-330 I believe can use the Eco uv4 and Eco uv5 inks)