• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland UV or Mimaki UV

Roland LEJ 640 or Mimaki UCJV300

• Total voters

Pawel90

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to expand my business by UV Machine. I'm using at the moment Roland VG 540, but want to move to UV print.

I got in mind 2 machines:
Roland LEJ 640
Mimaki UCJV300

My main needs are
- Low running cost (ink etc)
- pretty high quality on small labels, stickers,
- high speed
- preferably print & cut.
I gonna be using a machine to Label printing, Wall stickers, Banners, window graphic. High volume printing.
I know Roland LEJ 640 don't have the cutting option and there comes another cost what is a cutter. If anyone using any of those two printers? I read a lot about Roland and know already it got high ink usage and ink is pretty expensive. Mimaki got 1-litre inks, and they are pretty cheap, also the Mimaki model got print and cut system with is fine for my needs at the moment. The last thing is the price, according to new printer price Roland is much more expensive and for it, I have to get a cutter ( Roland £33k vs Mimaki £24k). What do you think? Which one will be better?

Help me, please!

Thanks

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
With the amount of complaints about the LEJ 640 on here, I don't think anyone is going to recommend that one.

Typically UV is not the direction you want to go if you want high quality/small labels.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki has the UV machines dialed in. They use Ricoh and Panasonic heads instead of Epson which I think is the big difference. Epson heads have never done well in UV for some reason.

wleong

With the amount of complaints about the LEJ 640 on here, I don't think anyone is going to recommend that one.

Typically UV is not the direction you want to go if you want high quality/small labels.

How does ink type affect the print quality and resolution?

William

ProColorGraphics

Mimaki has the UV machines dialed in. They use Ricoh and Panasonic heads instead of Epson which I think is the big difference. Epson heads have never done well in UV for some reason.
One of my reps told me, that his Epson rep told him, that Epson has never made a head compatible with uv inks. Which is probably why. ;)