• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaCamm VS-540 printing issues

Wompasprez

Has anyone been having this issue with their Roland? Can't get any answers or help from Roland. I have replaced print head, mother board and pretty much every moving part in the machine and nothing works. It has no rhyme or reason, it's all just random. Machine has been doing it for two years and can't figure it out. Roland won't replace it so I've just been pulling my hair out. It's in the machine. I have eliminated all other possibilities as far as I can tell. Love to hear from anyone who has seen or dealt with this issue. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 686

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You are getting an intermittent short in the system that is telling the cyan channel to fire 100% randomly. This is normally due to a damaged or loose cable that shorts out as the head moves back and forth. Usually it's going to be the head cables or trailing cables. There is a chance that a transistor is randomly failing to adjust the head signal properly but that is more rare.

Wompasprez

Thanks for the info guys. Problem is, my techs have changed all the cables, printhead, new main board(Roland sent it to me, specifically saying they had a new board that was suppose to fix this issue), and the issue is still here. My techs are back today to put on new cables again and make sure they aren't the issue. After this we are all at a loss on where to go next. This has been an issue for over 2 years now and the machine was under warranty when it originally started. Roland replaced all the parts they thought it could be, but nothing ever fixed the issue. I feel like I have just got a lemon and there is no fixing this issue, but they will not replace the machine. #frustrated