• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland VersaUV LEJ-640 - Primer

bwright

We are printing using a VersaUV LEJ-640 using the EUV4 inks. I have a project that I would like to use a primer cartridge. When reviewing Rolands site, they show ECO-UV4 has CMYK, WH, GL and PR. However, I cannot find the primer anywhere except under ECO-UV. Is this a compatible cartridge and/or is there a primer really available for the EUV4 ink set?

dreko

As far as I can tell, there is NO primer for the EUV4 inkset. I've been bugging Roland USA to ask Roland Japan to update the firmware, so machines that can print EUV2 and EUV4 can get access and print the EUV5 inkset.
This is not going to happen I was told... only option is to swap the ink chips from EUV4 and place them on the EUV5 cartridges

Motor-g

As far as I can tell, there is NO primer for the EUV4 inkset. I've been bugging Roland USA to ask Roland Japan to update the firmware, so machines that can print EUV2 and EUV4 can get access and print the EUV5 inkset.
This is not going to happen I was told... only option is to swap the ink chips from EUV4 and place them on the EUV5 cartridges
Hi, so if I replace the chips with EUV4 chips on the EUV5 cartridges I won't have any issues printing with the EUV5 ink? I have a LEC-330 with DX4 printheads and the LEC2-330 has the DX6 print head head. I thought about it but always wondered about the difference even though chances are there are none.