• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaUV LEJ 640 Skewing on Print

jagsouthern

Ever since I have started working with this UV printer I have noticed that it does not print the images straight on the material. I use 4 mil chloroplast for most of my signs and the issue comes in with double sided signs. When cutting the signs out you can clearly see that the machine is not printing the signs correctly on to the material.

I am fairly certain it is not a matter of the material being crooked (because it prints crooked on all rigid materials). The printer itself is also level, so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how can I fix it so I don't lose 6 out of every 10 signs that I print with this machine?

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
I have the same machine and it happens to me too. Make sure the grit rollers are clean, clean them with a small wire brush.

I am looking at a used machine like this. Has it given you any issues with the ink not staying on the signs longer than a year?
A salesman told me this is a big issue with these Roland UV machines, he said go with a solvent machine.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
I am looking at a used machine like this. Has it given you any issues with the ink not staying on the signs longer than a year?
A salesman told me this is a big issue with these Roland UV machines, he said go with a solvent machine.

We've had it a few years, haven't had any signs come back because of problems with the ink. I will warn you, even in the fastest setting this machine is slow. Prints nice, but it's slow.

jagsouthern

We've actually had quite a few signs returned. The ink basically flakes off even after just a couple of months.

Scott at Roland

Ever since I have started working with this UV printer I have noticed that it does not print the images straight on the material. I use 4 mil chloroplast for most of my signs and the issue comes in with double sided signs. When cutting the signs out you can clearly see that the machine is not printing the signs correctly on to the material.

I am fairly certain it is not a matter of the material being crooked (because it prints crooked on all rigid materials). The printer itself is also level, so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how can I fix it so I don't lose 6 out of every 10 signs that I print with this machine?
There is a Side Roller attachment that you can get for this printer. The side rollers act as guides to make sure the rigid medias move properly through the printer. If you have a local dealer, they should be able to help you obtain the kit. Otherwise, call us at 800-542-2307 and we can refer you to a dealer close to you.

Technician

Drive it hard
I have the same machine and it happens to me too. Make sure the grit rollers are clean, clean them with a small wire brush.
Cleaning your grit rollers with wire brush is a bad idea. You will damage your grit rollers and get very costly repairs. Believe me I have been at customer done this on their Summa cutters. You will loosen the edge and grip on you’re grit rollers if you brush it with wire brush. That’s is very bad.