• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaWorks 6 - adding a cutter

a_larghe

Recently installed VersaWorks 6 and I'm trying to add our cutter but it's not giving me the add by print driver option that is listed in all of the guides - I only have were an IP can be entered but our cutter is not connected through our network. Does anyone know, is there an option or something that needs to be turned on somewhere to allow for the printer driver option, it seems strange when it's in all the guides but not in the actual program by default?

1681331751266.png

spb

✨鞄➕
If you are using a USB cutter, you will need to use a previous version of VersaWorks. I had to get a copy of VersaWorks 5.5.1 to run on my Roland SP-300V. As far as I know, VersaWorks 6 only connects to networked devices.

Last edited:

cornholio

Versaworks only works with somewhat newer Roland cutters.
If it's the same, as with printers, support is only for devices sold at the time, the VW main version came out.
WV6 runs with USB as well. (BN-20 for example)

spb

✨鞄➕
Versaworks only works with somewhat newer Roland cutters.
If it's the same, as with printers, support is only for devices sold at the time, the VW main version came out.
WV6 runs with USB as well. (BN-20 for example)
No kidding. I couldn't get VersaWorks 6 to work with my SP-300V. I had to obtain a copy of VersaWorks 5.5.1 to get up and running.

cornholio

No kidding. I couldn't get VersaWorks 6 to work with my SP-300V. I had to obtain a copy of VersaWorks 5.5.1 to get up and running.
As I said, it supports only devices supported at the time the main version came out.
SP300V was discontinued looong before V6 came out and it isn't a cutter(only) .
Main versions V1-5.x, VWDual, V6)
I just looked up the supported cutting devices in V6: GR-X40, GR2-X40, GS-24, GS2-24, GX-24/300/400/500/640 (In V1-5x (2007-2015) it was GS-24 and GX-24/400/500)
In V6.16.0 is a bug, that doesn't let you add cutters and kills installed cutter connections. Update to V6.16.1 or newer.

Last edited: