• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks

Every time I send a job to print it says "job cancelled, printer is disconnected" and the printer says "now processing" but nothing happens
I shut everything down & reboot ... but the same thing happens

blufftonsignguy

I had that happen before also. Once I had to reset my router. The other time, I ended up having to replace my switch box between the computer and the printer. Thats the best information I can give you

GVP

This happens to us periodically. No solution we've found except restart everything and keep the environment temperature up - it seems to happen worse when it's cold. We tried a separate network card in the computer, but it doesn't make much difference. It's a royal pain when it disconnects with 6 inches left to go on a print :banghead:

CraigJ

I had the same problem with the Roland I use to use. I would just restart everything and it would come back up.

AskJessie

Every time I send a job to print it says "job cancelled, printer is disconnected" and the printer says "now processing" but nothing happens
I shut everything down & reboot ... but the same thing happens

-Check to see that your hard drive on computer is not falling asleep. also turn off screen saver.

-remove gateway address from printer

**its possible the main board is going. if your first couple prints stop, but its ok for the rest of the day, id consider a new main board.

If you cant figure it out, give Grant Graphics a call 518.583.2818. They should be able to help you...

phototec

I had that happen ONE time, I don't know what fixed the issue, but I tried several of the things that has been mentioned here. I just powered the printer off, the computer off, checked all the connections, then brought everything back up and it started working. Give it a try...

TXFB.INS

try running the printing directly to the comp instead of a router/hub/switch

this will help with the drop outs

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
It was a long time ago but I remember that we got this so often that we had to replace the network card on the printer. Make sure you secure the network cable to the printer so it doesn't pull on the connection or it gets damaged.

Ragnabrok

Is it a USB printer like an SP-300, or ethernet?

How many jobs are in the queue? VW has an upper limit in the 200's, wonky stuff can happen.

It will empty the queue, and wipe out pretty much all your custom settings, but in the VW start menu, there is an option "initialize application" that can clear up some weird issues.

thanks, it's a SP300

Is it a USB printer like an SP-300, or ethernet?

How many jobs are in the queue? VW has an upper limit in the 200's, wonky stuff can happen.

It will empty the queue, and wipe out pretty much all your custom settings, but in the VW start menu, there is an option "initialize application" that can clear up some weird issues.

thanks, it's a SP300

Ragnabrok

thanks, it's a SP300

Does the statis in VW ever indicate the printer is ready, and drop do disconnected after, or is it always disconnected?

If so, could be the cable. just unplugging it you should hear windows make a USB disconnect sound. IF it doesnt make a sounds, try different usb ports on the computer from and back. IF one of them works, great. if not, try another cord. if not that, i've seen the solder break on the USB connector on the main board. I can't solder myself out of flux handcuffs, but im sure there are local placecs that could do a patch job cheap, even a tv or audio place as i use locally.