• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Verscamm/Artwork Question

LUV DEM TIGERS

I have a Roland Versacamm VS-300i and have the pdf file that I am printing using Versaworks Rip. I know colors are not accurate, but why do I go from a solid color at the bottom of the word Mr. Tint in the artwork to basically nothing on the actual print which is the jpeg I have attached? Is it in Coreldraw, Versaworks or the printer?

Attachments

• Mr. Tint Logo for Digital Imaging.pdf
    407 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2663.JPG
    IMG_2663.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 114

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So I opened the file in Illustrator and I'm not sure if this is how you designed it or if it's how Illustrator interpreted the file but the gradient is not actually a gradient but a solid color overlapped with another solid color that has a transparent gradient mask. I would assume this is what Versaworks is having a hard time rendering. Versaworks is notoriously bad with transparencies. If Corel has an option to just do a gradient from blue to purple with no fancy transparencies, try that.

LUV DEM TIGERS

So I opened the file in Illustrator and I'm not sure if this is how you designed it or if it's how Illustrator interpreted the file but the gradient is not actually a gradient but a solid color overlapped with another solid color that has a transparent gradient mask. I would assume this is what Versaworks is having a hard time rendering. Versaworks is notoriously bad with transparencies. If Corel has an option to just do a gradient from blue to purple with no fancy transparencies, try that.
Thanks. I will give that a try.