• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland VG-640

Dominick

can you provide some more information? does it let you bypass the error code and print? what version firmware is your printer currently? I don't think you typed those error codes correctly.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
This is probably a 0400 error (and as Dominick points out, all digits matter in error codes). Turn the power off and clean the print heads and cap tops manually. 0400 means that the cleaning pump runs for a certain amount of time in which it expects the damper full sensor to indicate that it is empty. When the pump runs too long it will return this error. Unless there was a head strike, this usually means that there is something that is preventing a good seal between the cap top and the head. Also, if the cap top has not been replaced within the last 6 months, it could be that they need to be replaced as well. The 0020 indicates that this is channel 2 on head 3.