• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CallBack

Hello,
I currently own a Roland VG2 series printer.
After multiple issues with the machine, im starting to worry about the longevity of this product.
has anyone else had a similar experience with the VG series printers?
if so, how can I plan for the future of this machine? Would selling it be my best option?
Starting to think I’ve made a big mistake purchasing a Roland printer.
If so, what brand printer should I get with a similar print/cut set up?
Thank you
-

blufftonsignguy

I am curious of your problems. I have not seen where you have listed nay problems you are having. I am currently having problems with my VG-540I with cut force. I can say at this point with my problems with the machine and ROland, I won't buy another one from them. This has been a nightmare!

In my opinion, hybrid printers are not super reliable since a bad process can damage the printing or the cut and have an optimal performance of both.

I highly recommend having two machines, one for printing and a cutting plotter so when it fails you don't lose two machines.

CallBack

In my opinion, hybrid printers are not super reliable since a bad process can damage the printing or the cut and have an optimal performance of both.

I highly recommend having two machines, one for printing and a cutting plotter so when it fails you don't lose two machines.
I agree, Thinking about purchasing a HP with a separate cutter. Heard those are the best bang for your buck

CallBack

I am curious of your problems. I have not seen where you have listed nay problems you are having. I am currently having problems with my VG-540I with cut force. I can say at this point with my problems with the machine and ROland, I won't buy another one from them. This has been a nightmare!
Had a whole list of issues. I can post a copy of the service history. The down time and wasted job/materials is what really takes a toll on things. Roland seems to things it’s no big deal.

Dale D

I bought a VF2-640 and the only problem I had was banding that came from a couple of Rolands DGA generic profiles. Been perfect other than that. Prior to that we had a RF-640 that ran fine until the building roof leaked and landlords insurance bought me the VF2. I run separate Summa cutters since a printer is designed to print and a cutter is designed to cut. (** Not only that, I can cut 1 job while another is still printing. Hard to do with an all in one)

CallBack

I bought a VF2-640 and the only problem I had was banding that came from a couple of Rolands DGA generic profiles. Been perfect other than that. Prior to that we had a RF-640 that ran fine until the building roof leaked and landlords insurance bought me the VF2. I run separate Summa cutters since a printer is designed to print and a cutter is designed to cut. (** Not only that, I can cut 1 job while another is still printing. Hard to do with an all in one)
When the printer works, the output is generally great but doesn’t seem very reliable. I’ve have at least 15 visits from a tech since getting this VG2. I’ve heard great things from the techs about HP printers. I do agree with you about these 2-in-1 printers, not the best choice. Especially if your company relies on the machine (which most do). Just recently started getting super inconsistent cuts from my machine. Brand new cutting strip, new blade, new holder, same proven methods.

CallBack

Aside from getting I think 4-5 heads replaced in 2 years, multiple other parts had to be replaced. Lots of software and hardware issues. Just recently they had my shop shut down for over a month and the whole service took multiple visits to fix. All I got was a “sorry” from Roland and my dealer. At this point even my customers are like “ya, that thing sucks you need to upgrade” Currently the printer is cutting really inconsistent but I doubt tech support will do anything about it without charging me an arm and a leg.

i wish I had done more research and not listened to the sales team. Very expensive lesson.

Good luck to you!

CallBack

Agreed! Looking into a HP set up currently. I wasn’t very educated in this industry when I purchased the combo. They saw me coming!