• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VG640 wasting ink

Joesignshop

I have the latest firmware updates and TR2 ink conversion (Periodic cleaning set to none.) Has anyone figured out how to get around it cleaning before EACH print. I truly believe it is overkill. Watching daily my wasted ink container rise. Sooo much ink waste! Any Roland techs know a way?

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
You may wanna try to print once entered the Service Mode. Used to work on the VersaCAMMs n VersaUVs.

Joesignshop

You may wanna try to print once entered the Service Mode. Used to work on the VersaCAMMs n VersaUVs.
No way to get into the service mode after the TR2 ink upgrade. Anybody got a fix yet to get into Service Mode on VG-640? Or in the very least can a Roland tech stop the cleaning before each print in Service Mode?

Joesignshop

Don't use a configuration with white ink...
I am using the cleaning cartridge for white. Bought it that way. I am using media profiles in Versawaorks that are CMYKcmk (no white) Are you talking about configuration in service mode on the printer?