• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP 540 Black Like Crinkle Paint

dlndesign

I am printing a wrap, and the black on 3m Control Tac, comes out like a flakey paint, or like desert lake beads, if you get my images here, has anyone seen anything like this? Is it profile, or heads, or what? Thanks.

genericname

I've had similar issues with Control Tac, though I haven't been able to pin it down. I just shrug and move on to another material. We typically don't end up using Control Tac for prints unless we're in a bind anyway.

I couldn't say what the cause is, but maybe we can find some commonality. What's your setup? We're running a JV3-250 with 2xCMYK SS2 inks and custom profiles for pretty much everything we run through it.

genericname

Is it possible our Black ink limits might just be set too high for Control Tak? When printing to the material, mine are limited to 90%

I worry that much further will create deviations from the ideal contrast.

petepaz

i too had printing problems w/ the control tac
now i use the oracal and avery wrap/air release vinyls

Spencer McMurtry

i have also noticed control tac does not like a lot of ink, or you get bleeding in the dark colors. i just had to tweak my the max ink on my profile tell i got a good rich black.

mark in tx

I am printing a wrap, and the black on 3m Control Tac, comes out like a flakey paint, or like desert lake beads

Too much ink being laid down.

Your going to need to re-profile that material.