• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP 540 replacing mainboard - no power - help needed SOS

Wwonka

After being scammed by MACMEDIA, who stole 4 mainboards from me, i have been forced to buy a new VP 540 mainboard for my printer.

We bought a brand new RS 540 board from our local Roland dealer and installed the board with all cables etc.

In The service manual it says pres left,up and down key and turn on the main power to enter the firmware install menu, but nothing happens.

We can measure power on the mainboard, but no lights, no hum, nothing is happening, and the keycombos doesent activate the printer either, fuses seemes ok too.

Anyone can help with some ideas why its not turning on??

Any help greatly appreciated asap.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My first thought is that you didn't take the battery out of the old board in put it in the new board. I would check that first.

Wwonka

Battery

i did take abattery from another board , but it might be dead, is the battery needed for the start up??

Hello Wwonka,

Based on the info you've supplied, there could be a bigger issue occurring with the printer. You're welcome to contact us by submitting our online form and we'll discuss the best course of action to get your machine up and running. Complete the online form here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form. We look forward to hearing from you!

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Msrae

Rae
I had that issue with my old SC-540, and the battery was an issue. I put it in upside down when I re-installed it (durrrr, I know). But it would do nothing until I had the battery in correctly. Just a thought.

Ragnabrok

Servo board needs power as well for the printer to turn on, should be an LED on the servo board when the main power is ticked on. maybe just a missed connection?