• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 cut is not lining up with the print. Please help!

ronl1975

Probably a stupid question but after 6+ years, I've never had this problem. Seems like this happend after a firmware update? When printing/cutting, the cut line has moved to the right about a quarter inch and its not lining up with the print. How do I fix this?

TimToad

And you are sure your wheels haven't moved at all?

In Cut Controls, under Enable Advanced Settings, could the "offset" distance accidentally been changed?

niksagkram

In your printer menu, Check bi-directional printing. Check crop-cut adjust. Check print-cut adjust.

Check out this video.....

[video=youtube;cbxdacKW7lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxdacKW7lg[/video]

Ragnabrok

Cut is probably right where it should be and the print likely moved. The cut alignment cant be adjusted more that a few mm, so when it's out further than that it's likely a print issue.

Clean your encoder strip, make sure you get the part behind the heads on the right side.

Morkel

From memory (we got rid of ours about 5 years ago), there was an anomaly where if you moved the X origin point for the print it'd still print the X dots right on the zero point. Same as if you centred the print instead. You had to print if left justified and with zero offset for the print/cut to be accurate.

This obviously would end up in the cut being stretched from one edge (that lines up correct to the print) out past the other edge, which is different to what you're experiencing (correct scale, just a consistent offset) but it may provide some clues. Other than that, yeah, checking offsets as has been mentioned above is the place to start looking.