• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS-540 yellow blochy printing bands

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
We just recently replaced the scan motor on our 2 1/2 year old VS-540. We updated the versaworks software as well as the Roland printer firmware at the same time. Ever since, on occasion it'll print yellow bloches about 1 1/2 to 3 inches from the right side. It's not on every file or print but from the pictures you'll see that it's here and there. It's definitely not head strikes, or banding. Sometimes it'll go the entire length of the file, then the next file on the same run, no issues at all. It's always on the right side and doesn't appear anywhere else. Before I go and spend a ton of money with my local tech team to come on site and diagnose, does any one have a clue what this is from and how to correct it? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 168
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 140
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 142
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 134
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 152

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
Anybody out there with any tech experience have an idea what could cause this. I contacted my local tech dealer, and they said it usually would be $300 for a service call, but would only charge me $200, then it would be $140 per hour for labor. They said they think it might be some wires that are out of alignment..... really! How the %^*& do wires come out of alignment and cause some sort of 'interference' issue that would cause this? Everything worked fine until the scan motor went out. It sounds like a way to make some money. They said that if that doesn't fix the problem, then they would come back out and just charge the hourly rate for what ever they do. Any ideas to what we should do?

techsign33

Clean the encoder strip by alcohol (not with cleaning liquid avoiding damage for strip ).
you said always have this in same point check the encoder strip any damage or dirt especially area facing were you get the problem if the encoder damaged and need replaced do basepoint away from that area until you get it and replace it.

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
We removed the encoder strip and cleaned. It still is laying yellow down on certain prints. I contacted a couple Roland tech centers and they say it's the ribbon cables and that they need to be reset. I checked them and they look good. They also think that the cables could be overlapping the wrong way after we replaced the scan motor, and that there's electrical interference going on. Not sure about that one either. Pretty frustrating!

grmangum

same issue

I think that I've got the same problem with my VS-540 but with magenta. Did you ever get it figured out? The tech that I talked to suggested replacing the encoder strip which I did clean but that made no difference.