• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS-540i print cut alignment off

Kystinz

Kystinz
I am having an issue with cut staying the same around my circle stickers, it is supposed to be 2 mm all the way around but I am getting 1mm on the top and 3mm on the bottom of my circle, or sometimes worse like in the picture.
only printing about 2 foot at a time

How do I calibrate the machine?

For sticker material should it be a 45-degree or 60-degree blade?

Thanks, Kristine

Attachments

• 20200916_151534.jpg
    20200916_151534.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 346

Joe House

#1 - the blade will have no affect on the print cut accuracy but for thinner materials, use the 45 degree blade.
#2 - to calibrate, Go into Menu>Cutting menu and perform the print cut calibration if you aren't laminating or the crop cut adjustment if you're taking the material out and using crop marks. Also, in the cutting menu is Auto Env Match - make sure that this is enabled.
And on an older machine, you need to make sure that your pinch wheels are in good shape so that the material tracks properly. Replace them if you never have on a printer that old.

Good Luck,

balstestrat

Problem Solver
User calibration isn't as accurate as the service menu calibration so keep that in mind. Should be accurate enough tho.