• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vs 640 Ink Configuration

remibag

help update dual cmyk

Hello,

i begin update my vs640 with metallic and white in dual cmyk, but i need the files for erase memory and install the dual cmyk.

Can you send me the file please.

my email is: remibag2@aol.com

Thank

schilderpixner

changing roland vs-540 metalic to 6 colors (LcCLmMYKCM ) or YYCCKKMM

Hi all,

I want to change my white and metalic colors from VS-540
I dont used Metalic 7 white long time ( 1.5 years) ..anyway not print anymore
Also I need to change the print head
Any hint..to change all together ? ( inclusiv dampers ) ?
Can someone offer support ? ( schilder.pixner@gmail.com)

thank you very much

Beginner

An other unhappy owner of Roland 540 VSi, with metallic configuration...
Any tips of how to swap metallic with white?
I need to perform ink configuration change... yes... but how to do it?

Baymeve

VS-640

Hallo

i begin update my VS-640 with metallic and white in dual cmyk, but i need the files for erase memory and install the dual cmyk.

Can you send me the file please.

my email is: baymeve@hotmail.com

Beginner

Hmm... a few moments, every now and then...

Now the service mode is visible.
Any chance to reset current configuration from main board?
(To get White conf. visible)
Can this be done through buttons or should i have some additional program?
Settings for white? (dip, page1, 2.. )

Drew Johnson

Please write your email. I'll send you instructions.

Johnson.s.d@hotmail.com

I have a vs-540 with dual cmyk config. Id like to clear the memory and select the cmyk lm lc mt white believe thats correct, if i am off a color its whatever config has metallic and white. Please email instructions how to complete this. Mainly the memory clear procedure as the printer is fully cleaned and ready to accept the new ink colors. Thanks !

Johnson.s.d@hotmail.com

I have a vs-540 with dual cmyk config. Id like to clear the memory and select the cmyk lm lc mt white believe thats correct, if i am off a color its whatever config has metallic and white. Please email instructions how to complete this. Mainly the memory clear procedure as the printer is fully cleaned and ready to accept the new ink colors. Thanks !

Hey Drew,

Electronically changing the ink type is not supported and not really the issue. The problem is that the ink system is stained with CMYK inks and no amount of cleaning will remove all contaminants from the ink channel (e.g. ink tubing, dampers, cap top, print head, IC holder, etc). We'll use white ink as an example, so if you add white to the printer, it will never be a pure white. It will pickup the staining from the previously installed magenta ink and white will become pink. This is just one example why we don't support this conversion.

We hope this makes sense and if you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Drew Johnson

Hey Drew,

Electronically changing the ink type is not supported and not really the issue. The problem is that the ink system is stained with CMYK inks and no amount of cleaning will remove all contaminants from the ink channel (e.g. ink tubing, dampers, cap top, print head, IC holder, etc). We'll use white ink as an example, so if you add white to the printer, it will never be a pure white. It will pickup the staining from the previously installed magenta ink and white will become pink. This is just one example why we don't support this conversion.

We hope this makes sense and if you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

I have a new head and lines. I need the file to clear the memory and procedure so I can select the correct ink configuration on inital start up. Please read the entire form as there are plenty of others that have done this.

Drew Johnson

Hey Drew,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

AS FOR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO ROLAND AND THEIR TECHS ILL PASS. Ive contacted roland directly and our local dealer/rep over 65 times in the last 4 months and they are to lazy to do their jobs. Cant even get a simple diagnostic of my sp-540. Roland Customer Service lol wooooooooooomp wommmmmp

Drew Johnson

changing roland vs-640 metalic to dual cmyk

at last did manage to covert vs-640 metalic to dual cmyk. you dont need the service manual to do it, but you have to enter the service mode to change the ink type, you will find three option, metalic, pigment 4 colour and unknown. this is where roland is trying to confuse you. you will automatically choose pigment 4,which the machine will accept but verseworks will not communicate with the machine. you must have the option of ecosolmax selected otherwise the rip will not comunicate. roland has not given this option so that you dont change. managed to get afile that you have to send to the printer to erase the memory and install the dual cmyk with all the options. if you are intrested my email address 1s odhisteve@yahoo.com. i did change the machine yesterday.

Anyway you could give me the instructions how to clear the memory and select the ink config id like to switch to??

pete2803

Johnson.s.d@hotmail.com

here you go this is correct way

Attachments

• Scannable Document on 27 Jun 2016, 19_21_29.png
    Scannable Document on 27 Jun 2016, 19_21_29.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,197

PRG

My Roland VS-640 printer is CMYKLcLmMtW. I'd like to convert to Dual CMYK
Can anyone provide me with instructions on converting my ink configuration to CMYK/CMYK ?

Last edited:

sainiskk

Hello, we have a vs-640 and we ll change ink configuration from CMYKLCLMWMt to double CMYK. As the 2 channels of W and Mt are clogged(tubes, dampers, recirculation pumps etc) , does anybody knows if we can bypass these pumps and install 2 new channels like the 6 standard ones (CMYKLCLM) ? Ps We ll also change the printhead to a new one as its also clogged.. I attach the diagramm (the last 2 to become like the other 6 without pumps/joints etc)

Thanks a lot for any future help!

Attachments

• VS ink tube wiring (1).pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 636