• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS300i shows all 8 color as Wrong Cartridge, it they just keep blinking

ANTONIOCASTRO

I need help on Roland Versacamm VS300i.
it started when it tried to do the automatic "Maintenance Time", the machine started, then it shows "maintenance time" I press enter, the it reads the inks, then it give me the error "Wrong Cartridge" with light from 1-7 blinking, I am running it with mode CMYKLcLmLk, 7 colors and the 8th is the cleaning cartridge.
it just keeps stucked in that step, they are all roland inks, if i pull out for example cartridge number one, the others stop blinking, and only #1 is blinking, when i push it in, they all start blinking again and same thing happens if i do that with any other color.
Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

I truly appreciate your responses, Thanks.

Tony

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Not exactly sure, but did you try put cleaning cartridges without the color chip in the slots, you may have somehow made it want to clean out the lines. If not, try and see. I have a VS-300i and never has this type of message.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Sometimes one bad chip will freak out the printer. If you have another set, try them. If that fails or you can't put a new set in, get a peck report to a dealer to look at it.
There is a sub board that all of the ink cartridges readers plug into. It could have gone bad or a cable between it and other boards or one of the other boards - There are a lot of suspects.

Good Luck

ANTONIOCASTRO

Thank you guys for your responses, i just fixed it this week, a person who fixes wide format printer gave me the solution which was just to remove all chips from the cartridges, i did that and the printer is working now.

• Informative
Reactions: spb