• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS540 Printing Black Specs in Yellow Prints

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
I need some help from anyone who has perhaps been through this issue. We can't print yellow without black specs showing up. I've included pictures. We just replaced the following, the capping station, felt, wiper, and wiper scrapper. We've performed multiple manual and auto cleanings. We've noticed that even after manually cleaning the horizontal and vertical surfaces of the print head, that there is always excessive build up of ink on the front and right side of the vertical sides. We've also noticed that the yellow and black are right next to each other on the print head. Could this be a damper issue??? We can print other colors without issue, but when we're trying to print just a solid yellow, or orange, the black specs are too much!!! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. photo2.jpg photo1.jpg photo3.jpg photo4.jpg

You have a bit of cross-contamination between the Yellow and Black with several nozzles at the end of the printhead. This is clearly visible in the nozzle test print.

I would replace the Yellow damper at least, and depending on the age of the machine, or perhaps all of them if the machine has been in service for over 12 months or so.

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
You have a bit of cross-contamination between the Yellow and Black with several nozzles at the end of the printhead. This is clearly visible in the nozzle test print.

I would replace the Yellow damper at least, and depending on the age of the machine, or perhaps all of them if the machine has been in service for over 12 months or so.

Thank you. I will definitely take your advice. Are there any tutorials or instructions or advice for that procedure of replacing the dampers for the VS? Is there anything else that would be sold separately? Thanks!