• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS540 printing random blue lines

Envisiond

Please can someone help me.. My Roland VS 540 has been printing blue lines in the exact same place (the middle of the media). Sometimes it looks like bar code lines other times just random lines. I thought it might be a communication problem between my versa works and printer, but network cable was tested and is working fine. I have re installed versa works. So this leaves me to think it must be something on the printer. I am really hoping this is a problem I can sort out myself without having to call technicians out and paying an arm and leg.

20170116_123727.jpg

WrapYourCar

When is the last time you cleaned your head? Make sure head height is set to high if using thick media. Do a maintenance clean.. replace felts if needed. Try using a different roll of media.. could be defective.

AKwrapguy

Almost look like some sort of head strike. Do they line up with the head direction? What type of material is it? Does it only happen with that material?

printhog

if its in the same spot all the time in the carriage axis and is a printed defect (not a head strike), it could be caused by the main flex cable, with a weak spot in the middle and some static seeping in.. massage it. next time post a better high res image.. a scan of the defect is more appropriate so we can see if its jetted drops or head scrape... that makes diagnosis easier..

Envisiond

Thank you so much for the feedback. Printhog you were spot on. Got a technician out Friday, and it was the flex cable. Apparently (according to the technician) on the VS 540 its a common problem. There isnt plastic inserts between every cable and the static seeps in (as you said).

Envisiond

Did it on all material always on same place. Ended up being a problem with main flex cables at the end. Thank you

printhog

Thank you so much for the feedback. Printhog you were spot on. Got a technician out Friday, and it was the flex cable. Apparently (according to the technician) on the VS 540 its a common problem. There isnt plastic inserts between every cable and the static seeps in (as you said).

Thank you for the thank you. I was starting to grow tired of some posters on here that immediately go negative and call advice BS. Was about to give up this site. Ya know why help if people are gonna be jerks. But you posted thanks and that reaffirmed that some folks might appreciate what I've paid a lot of money to learn. Keep on printing.