• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vs640 seeping ink

Warregosigns

Hi guys , my first post on this site,

My Roland vs640 has been printing 10/10 perfect , though lately in standard setting it has been dropping blobs of blue ink onto the media clamps and the print ,Today it's worse!
Blue ink dropping straight through the head even in maintenance mode,
I have :
1. Shaken all inks
2. Replaced the cyan cartridges
3. Done numerous cleaning cycles
4. Replaced cap top
5. Performed manual cleaning.

fixed it for a while , but not long just big heavy blobs of blue ink?
all Roland genuine

any advice Please

printhog

Time for new dampers, wipers, in addition to the capping stations. Those are all annual service consumables. Might consider the cyan pump too. Perhaps it's drain line is plugged or you have a bad pump. I'm assuming it's not in an area with more than 20 degrees F temp change overnight.... That can make even the cleanest machine dribble. Particularly if humidity changes with it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Warregosigns

Thanks printhog

i have replaced everything but the dampers , it has a dx7 print head so 1 large capping station.

and 1 pump , all other colours are fine , I'm on to the dampers tomorrow. Yes temp changes for

sure , though it's air conditioned

Thanks printhog

i have replaced everything but the dampers , it has a dx7 print head so 1 large capping station.

and 1 pump , all other colours are fine , I'm on to the dampers tomorrow. Yes temp changes for

sure , though it's air conditioned

Hello Warregosigns,

If you end up replacing the dampers and the problem continues, then there's no need for you to continue struggling with this issue. Just consult with your regional Roland dealer and they'll take care of you. They'll get the printer up and running for you. Just an idea.

If you do want to consult with Roland corporate support, you will need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn