• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VS640

MP Custom

Hi All.
I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid Question..
How do I tell what type of printhead is in my printer? A DX5 or DX7?
Also. Can anyone explain why only one colour would be affected if the print head is faulty. Every colour but Black prints perfectly. And from what I can see. The Black seems to be coming from the right of centre of the print head. Surely if the head was damaged.. IE: from a head strike, It would be the Left colours affected?
I would Love to get some info. Or even a link to explain how these printheads work.
This printer is my lifeline. I just want to know as much about it as I can.. ( Yes.. Waaaaayy out of warranty)
I am just trying to figure out why my black is so crap. Only half the nozzles firing.
Thank you in advance!
Will post another test print. After a 12 hour head soak and a print job.

Attachments

• TEST AHS.jpg
    TEST AHS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 264
DX7 in VS series. Are you using 3rd party ink? I know someone who prints day and night and he needs to change PH every 2 year.

SlikGRFX

Have you replaced the cap top? We normally replace the captop and wipers every 4 months. How old is the printer/head? The black always fails first on our VS series printers, purely because we print 100x more black than any other colour during the life of the head.

The other colours are better but you have a few deflecting/missing droplets there too. I'd replace the head.

MP Custom

Have you replaced the cap top? We normally replace the captop and wipers every 4 months. How old is the printer/head? The black always fails first on our VS series printers, purely because we print 100x more black than any other colour during the life of the head.

The other colours are better but you have a few deflecting/missing droplets there too. I'd replace the head.
Cheers Mate. Captop and Dampers replaced 6 weeks ago With the wiper and felt. I just did an Ink renewal. And got the black back a bit better