• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Wiper Blades

John A

I purchased some wiper blades for my XC-540 on ebay from a reputable wide format dealer. I read in my user manual that one side is supposed to be felt, and one side is supposed to be rubber. Both sides of these blades are rubber, but according to ebay they've sold 100's, and have excellent ratings.

Will these blades work, or are those ratings on ebay a load of bull?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The felt ones are better which is why we only sell the OEM wipers. However, the Mimaki's and Mutoh's that used the same wiper and heads were all rubber and didn't have issues. At the end of the day I don't think it is a huge deal but if you want to do it right, get the OEMs.

Ragnabrok

it only uses the felt side during a "scrub", which is typically at the start of a powerful cleaning, where it scrubs twice.

The the history menu->cleaning you can see how many scrubs it has performed, probably not many. The all rubber wipers, depending how they are made, can stand up longer than the felt/rubber combos. Not to say one is clearly better than the other, but each have redeeming qualities.

ams

When getting parts for your machines, don't go cheap. Such as wiper blades, blades and ink.

player

it only uses the felt side during a "scrub", which is typically at the start of a powerful cleaning, where it scrubs twice.

The the history menu->cleaning you can see how many scrubs it has performed, probably not many. The all rubber wipers, depending how they are made, can stand up longer than the felt/rubber combos. Not to say one is clearly better than the other, but each have redeeming qualities.

I bet the scrub with a non felt wiper isn't good.