• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 Cartridge error

animalgraphics

My Roland XC keeps keeps triggering an error to versa works.
It says paused cartridge uninstalled.. If you wait, the trigger goes away hit retry and it takes off from where it stopped.
Sometimes it will print a long run, other times it will error back to back.. But you have to babysit it.
anyone have any idea what could be going on?
We uploaded new firmware yesterday hoping to fix the issue.. It ran for 45 minutes non stop. Right back to same issue today.

Debbie Pritchett

Did you ever find out why it’s doing that? I know it’s been 3 years, but this post is all I can find, it’s driving me crazy! Lol

damonCA21

It is normally the cartridge sensor switch in the cartridge dock. They do fail with time. Roland don't sell the switches on their own annoyingly, but you can get used cartridge docks on Ebay. They can often be quite intermittent as well which makes them even more annoying to diagnose!