• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 printing blank

tomas_v

Hei,
weird problem. Roland xc-540 stopped printing.
If I send a job to print, print head moves as if its printing but nothing is printed, no ink is on the material. Even if I try test print from printer menu its comming blank. But its cutting fine.
Did something like this happened to some of you? How did you fix it?
Not sure if its connected but before I installed versaworks on new machine and updated it via auto update it was working fine (on old PC).
Thanks for advices.

tomas_v

Do you have INK in it??

Yes, ofcourse. :) there are no notifications about low ink, all cartridges have ink in them. When it prints it is totally blank, not a drop of ink.
Would firmware update help? Like I said it was working fine before I connected it to another PC and ran versaworks update.
Also I did factory reset, no difference apart that i had to enter ip and submask again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quick run a '50% OFF SALE'

All signs with white copy on a white background right now are 50% off. :rolleyes:

Ya just hafta try to smile when things like this happen...... good luck

Stormyj

Just another guy
Yes, it should print a test print. Unfortunately, it sounds like you damaged a card when changing it over to the new machine. Perhaps a power surge, or something. I would make a service call and let a professional take care of it. Where im at, south of Chicago, it costs me about $175 for a service call. He also does all the adjustments, alignments, and come cleaning. Great deal and saves a lot of headaches.

tomas_v

Yes, it should print a test print. Unfortunately, it sounds like you damaged a card when changing it over to the new machine. Perhaps a power surge, or something. I would make a service call and let a professional take care of it. Where im at, south of Chicago, it costs me about $175 for a service call. He also does all the adjustments, alignments, and come cleaning. Great deal and saves a lot of headaches.

Somehow I doubt it. There was no power surge all have does is take network cable plug it into a network switch, install versaworks, thats it.
Connected it back to old pc, as I though, no difference.
Can it be that during versaworks update printers firmware was installed also and now it messes everything up?

Nothing VersaWorks related should prevent the heads from firing a nozzle test. You need to get eye level with the print heads while letting it 'print' and look to see if the heads are firing ink. Since the defaults are loaded, you also may want to check the status of your Bi-Directional and Full Width Scan settings. Hook up the printer to the PC that it was originally connected to and test everything again. Let me know if you're able to parse the machine's status from within VersaWorks via 'Verify'. I'm thinking the network card may have an issue on one side or the other. However, the blank print test via the machine's control panel is something I would worry about in terms of the main board. It only takes a little static electricity and some bad luck to blow a fuse.

tomas_v

Nothing VersaWorks related should prevent the heads from firing a nozzle test.

Ok, things are getting weird with every minute. I connected it directly to old pc. Cut a test. Then few minutes later versaworks is saying printer is not connected though window can see it in a network. Lights are on. I did factory reset and versaworks can see it again.
Then came service call 0106. I did limit initialisation, that error was gone. But error scan motor error 0080 comes. I did initialization again. And cut some files fine.
When test printing no ink coming. I did firmware update from 3.0 to 4.4. Print test print from versaworks. Got something but only some stripes of blue. You can see Rowland written and guitar. And some squares.
After successfully cutting some vinyl I pressed test print on printer - and I git 0080 error right away.

Uvprint

Ok, things are getting weird with every minute. I connected it directly to old pc. Cut a test. Then few minutes later versaworks is saying printer is not connected though window can see it in a network. Lights are on. I did factory reset and versaworks can see it again.
Then came service call 0106. I did limit initialisation, that error was gone. But error scan motor error 0080 comes. I did initialization again. And cut some files fine.
When test printing no ink coming. I did firmware update from 3.0 to 4.4. Print test print from versaworks. Got something but only some stripes of blue. You can see Rowland written and guitar. And some squares.
After successfully cutting some vinyl I pressed test print on printer - and I git 0080 error right away.
I know it was some years ago, but did you solved this problem? I have a printer with the same symptoms.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Hey Thomas,

So you mentioned that something is coming out now. Do you have pictures we can look at?

Also, Did the printer get moved or did you do anything to the printer itself before this started happening? VersaWorks will have nothing to do with test printing directly from the printer. So when you press test print on the printer menu it's only in printer. My guess is, if there is ink in the machine, then you should treat this like an ink loss situation. So you can syringe ink to the heads, or do power cleans etc until you get ink flow. If you are getting ink now, but it's not printing cleanly, then you might have electrical issues. But pictures of what's going on would help us figure that out.