• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland xc-540 sheet cut won’t cut help

My sheet cut blade will not engage the Carrige moves but knife will not engage down to cut

• Need help xc-540

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's probably the blade mechanism isn't engaging when it moves to the far left side of the machine. With the machine off, push the cut head all the way to the left side and push it as far as possible. Watch the blade mechanism and see if it moves down and locks like it should or if it pops back up. If it locks then your limit position probably needs to be re-done. If it doesn't lock, the mechanism might just be broken.

Modela

It's probably the blade mechanism isn't engaging when it moves to the far left side of the machine. With the machine off, push the cut head all the way to the left side and push it as far as possible. Watch the blade mechanism and see if it moves down and locks like it should or if it pops back up. If it locks then your limit position probably needs to be re-done. If it doesn't lock, the mechanism might just be broken.
Ok looks like it’s the limit position! So where and how do I adjust? Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ok looks like it’s the limit position! So where and how do I adjust? Thanks in advance!

Try to get your hands on a tech manual. It will have a section in there on how to do it. I can't remember off the top of my head. Should be a post on here about the manual.

E Coloney

Here is the text version of what you see in the video provided by crny1:
(Copy, save, print for future reference or to be able to help someone else.)

It's called LIMIT INITIALIZE. Basically when the machine "loses" itself, it has to be retold where to start printing, and how wide the printer is (where the cutter down position is).

This is the BASIC procedure for print/cut machines. Refer to the manual or service tech for your specific machine for any specific procedures.

1. Turn MAIN POWER OFF
  2. Remove the sheet/media
  3. Remove the side cover to get access to the head carriage
  4. Make sure that the cut carriage and print carriage are connected.
  5. Turn MAIN POWER ON
  6. Press and HOLD the buttons in this order:

LEFT ARROW + UP ARROW + RIGHT ARROW
    ...then while holding all three buttons down press the POWER BUTTON.
  7. You should see the INITIALIZE LIMIT MENU
  8. Depending on the model, the caps will lower and the menu will prompt you to Set Capping Position. Move the head carriage (while still connected to the cut carriage) to the head locked position.

This position is critical to the success of the operation.
    Move the head to the right until you hear the light click where the lock engages. You know that you are locked when you can no longer move the head to the left. Moving the head past this point (to the right will unlock it.) This can be a little tricky to find the first time.
  9. When you are locked, press enter
  10. The machine will display SETTING UP THE LIMIT and unlock the cutting carriage from the print carriage.
  11. Then the machine will display SET CUTTER DOWN POSITION. Physically move the cutting carriage all the way over to the left until it contacts the left wall, and the sheet cut knife is locked down. LEAVE THE CUT CARRIAGE THERE.
  12. Press Enter and the cut carriage will return to the print carriage.
  13. In a few seconds you should see INITIALIZE COMPLETE. If not, try again. Turn off the machine and turn it back on. You should be good to go.
This simple procedure solves many weird motor errors and other anomalies. A good head strike can sometime put the machine into a weird place, and this usually solves the problem.