• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC540 service mode

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have to do all of the following within 5 seconds:

Push the following buttons in order: Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left

Then push and hold these buttons while powering on: Right, Down, Left

Full Blown Neon

You have to do all of the following within 5 seconds:

Push the following buttons in order: Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left

Then push and hold these buttons while powering on: Right, Down, Left
thank you. That worked but now I changed 1 head but the new one plus two more dont print in test print. Completely dropped out

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
So did you not go into service mode prior to pulling the old head and put in the new rank number? I have changed heads and not change the number because it was a used head and the sticker was wiped off with solvent. Not recommended but usually not the end of the world
What head # did you change and were you careful not to drop ink on the head boards that were on either side?
Try and re-seat the head cables of the affected heads and look at the dampers to make sure they are full of ink.
Did you accidentally push on any dampers around the head you replaced? If so you might have cracked a manifold nipple.

Full Blown Neon

So did you not go into service mode prior to pulling the old head and put in the new rank number? I have changed heads and not change the number because it was a used head and the sticker was wiped off with solvent. Not recommended but usually not the end of the world
What head # did you change and were you careful not to drop ink on the head boards that were on either side?
Try and re-seat the head cables of the affected heads and look at the dampers to make sure they are full of ink.
Did you accidentally push on any dampers around the head you replaced? If so you might have cracked a manifold nipple.
I downloaded the service Manual
Yes I went into service mode prior to starting.
The only thing I found was the sequence to get into service was incorrect. Once in I just followed the manual. I changed head # 1 along with both dampers.
Now I have no ink in lines to those dampers are dry.
However now head # 5&6 have totally dropped out as well.
Never touched anything there.
I did a test print and just had the three heads. So I did a deep cleaning on all three and nothing changed.

Full Blown Neon

I downloaded the service Manual
Yes I went into service mode prior to starting.
The only thing I found was the sequence to get into service was incorrect. Once in I just followed the manual. I changed head # 1 along with both dampers.
Now I have no ink in lines to those dampers are dry.
However now head # 5&6 have totally dropped out as well.
Never touched anything there.
I did a test print and just had the three heads. So I did a deep cleaning on all thre and nothing changed.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
You probably need to learn how to manually draw ink into the dry heads with a syringe. You detach the capping station hose from the pump, stick a syringe into the hose and gently apply a vacuum to pull ink into the damper and into the head. Then do a few regular cleanings and usually you're all set to go. There are probably youtube videos on it.

The xc540 is really straightforward to work on since the inkflow is just straight from the ink bags to the damper to the heads with no controls or valves in between.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
When I do a head swap or damper change I use an irrigation syringe and draw ink into the dampers. I also use them to pull ink through a capping station.
1657723238440.png