• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland xf 640 soljet pro4

Neilneizel

Total newbie but hoping there's help here.
I purchased this machine used and upon viewing and before loading the machine it was doing two printsa and working pretty fine.
So loading it moving it and reinstalling it all mayhem broke loose.

1closer inspection showed a broken felt clip.
2.print head A has obvious indents on its print face.
3.replaced felt clips felt and wipers.
4.put new cleaning caps in the station and checked drains and pumps as well as flushed.
5.cleaned up everything and did a test print. A and B gave good nozzle results regardless of A's damage.
6.ran a sample print and came out pretty good.
Did 2 more prints and progressively got worse and worse and with terrible banding.
Did another test print and head A only has 8% of nozzles firing.
Cleaned choked and went as far as swapping over printer head positions and still does the same print head B position works good.
Swappedbout ribbons same thing.
Checked all fuses on head board are good.
Main board ribbons to print head PC look good too.
Ive determined its not the head or the dampers as ive interchanged them between the heads as well.
Any help please
0309221837.jpg

Caw

Minister of Percussive Maintenance
I have 2 xrs(print/cut) of these machines, I'm going to assume they are probably the same print head assembly...I would look into damper replacement. If it is the same as the XRs, sadly they built these dampers into the head so they are a pain to change...if you have access to a service rep it might be worth the money to have them do it...it's a process that even our service person hated doing. If you can get this printer up and running they are pretty nice.