• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XF640 Banding Problem

Hi Guys,

I am having problems with my Roland XF-640 EcoSol.
I recently changed the "B" head to a brand new head.

Attached is a picture of the nozzle test as well as the print.
Ripping through VersaWorks with Generic Banner Profile on HighSpeed Mode - printing on PVC.

My calibration is set right; and the nozzles are firing correctly (except for one black nozzle.. busy sorting that out but i doubt it's the cause).

If anyone could give me some advise as to why this banding is happening i would greatly appreciate it!

Regards,
Keith

Attachments

• Nozzle Test.JPG
    Nozzle Test.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 572
  • Sample Print 2.JPG
    Sample Print 2.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 417
  • Sample Print.JPG
    Sample Print.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 420

Joe House

the XF is probably the hardest printer to get dialed in and it almost takes a microscope to get the bias and vertical alignments within spec. You also have to turn on the the print heat in service mode so that the dots don't spread too much so that you can see the individual dots for proper alignment. I would go back and double check your service level calibrations.

the XF is probably the hardest printer to get dialed in and it almost takes a microscope to get the bias and vertical alignments within spec. You also have to turn on the the print heat in service mode so that the dots don't spread too much so that you can see the individual dots for proper alignment. I would go back and double check your service level calibrations.

Hi Joe, thanks for the response. Do you by chance have the service manual for the XF or know of anywhere where I could instruction on how to calibrate the machine myself?

I can get into the service menu but do not complete understand what I am looking at when doing to calibration and alignment prints.

did you find the service manual?

Hi there, no o did not; but I ended up stripping the printer and fixing it myself.

It wasn’t easy but now I have a very good understanding of the machine.

Do you need help or do you have the service manual?

If you I have it, I would still really like to get my hands on it.

methogod

Hi there, no o did not; but I ended up stripping the printer and fixing it myself.

It wasn’t easy but now I have a very good understanding of the machine.

Do you need help or do you have the service manual?

If you I have it, I would still really like to get my hands on it.

i got it, if you need it...