• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Xj 740 printheads misaligned when parked on cap tops

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I’m not familiar with environmental match.

It would be in the regular menu usually abbreviated, "ENV MATCH." It's very possible that your machine is one of the ones that does it automatically behind the scenes but it won't hurt to look in the menu just in case.

swirls

It would be in the regular menu usually abbreviated, "ENV MATCH." It's very possible that your machine is one of the ones that does it automatically behind the scenes but it won't hurt to look in the menu just in case.
I went through the menu and it’s not there.

swirls

Did you turn machine off and then back on after doing any settings adjustments? Need to do that to save all settings.

Internal Error 1942091 could be caused by a variety of factors (e.g. flushing adjustment, encoder scale/sensor issue, belt tension, etc
Did you turn machine off and then back on after doing any settings adjustments? Need to do that to save all settings.

Internal Error 1942091 could be caused by a variety of factors (e.g. flushing adjustment, encoder scale/sensor issue, belt tension, etc)
Can you explain the flushing adjustment? Came in today and the carriage drifting is happening.

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
The difference with the XJ 740 is,
1) - it doesn’t have a carriage lock mechanism that gives that click lock sound by the capping station
2) - the sheet cut mechanism is not detachable from carriage.

The process I did for the limit initialization and the linear encoder setup was completed successfully.
It’s a possibility that the encoder scale by the capping station may have finger prints on it from the installation process which was a little tight to work around.

StephenOrange I don’t recall seeing any reset counter for the encoder strip / sensor but I’ll make another check.
swirls - yeah, I’m not a 100% either about the encoder life counter on this model either. You probably have more insight by the sounds of it.

swirls

Hi All.
Just an update...
After getting these error codes, I went more in-depth in my search for the cause.
I ended up taking a closer look at the belt pulley system (left and right ones) and noticed the rod that goes through the center hole (left pulley) had a play in it. I ended up changing the pulley and to my surprise it didn't have that play again and I did a whole setup again, from limit initialization, linear encoder test, etc.
So far, I haven't had any issue... (knock on wood).
Thanks to the members who made comments and valid input.
Cheers to the weekend!