• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll Labels

149motorsports

So I'm getting some requests for labels to go on prep bottles in the go karting industry. The regular printed/contour cut/laminated way is a bit pricey since I sub printed jobs out.

Is there anything out there anyone recommends like roll labels?? That would be good for a 3x4in size? I do other sizes also like 2x4in,ect.

Thanks

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

What kind of quantities are they looking for? Typically roll labels only make financial sense when you are running tens of thousands of them, or if they are being applied to the product by machine.

149motorsports

What kind of quantities are they looking for? Typically roll labels only make financial sense when you are running tens of thousands of them, or if they are being applied to the product by machine.

Most are 200-300. I could swear I saw companies offering these awhile back (of course when I didnt need them lol)..

Stacey K

I like making signs
I usually use StickerMule and charge for set-up and a % over the cost of the stickers. Since this is more of a PITA than anything for me and not a big money maker I like StickerMule - it's fast and the website is very easy to use. The quality is good and never had anyone complain.

petepaz

those quantities you aren't going to get the flexo printed label pricing.
we do flexo printing (large qtys like 10k and up), hot stamp label printing (med qty 1k-10k) and digital roll label printing (low to med qty)
also depends on artwork and size of the label. 200-300 we would either print on one of our roland solvent printers or the digital roll printer.
another thing to consider is some of these processes have cost that go along with them like plates, dies and then set up charges.

long story short - at 200 to 300 labels your best bet is "The regular printed/contour cut/laminated way"

• Agree
Reactions: FCD

Fbermudez

maybe you can do a search for companies that have HP label press this presses are used for short run roll labels.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I usually use StickerMule and charge for set-up and a % over the cost of the stickers. Since this is more of a PITA than anything for me and not a big money maker I like StickerMule - it's fast and the website is very easy to use. The quality is good and never had anyone complain.
Stouse is good too.

bigben

What about the afinia L502 its way less expensive
The machine is a lot cheaper but the speed is horrible and the consumable cost is more than double. The L502 is designed for an end-user directly. It's not a ''production'' machine.

gnubler

I recently had an order from hell for roll labels, ended up outsourcing to Label Specialties in Kentucky. Best price and no charge for design changes, and great service. https://www.labelsp.com/

I used to use Sticker Mule for die cut stickers of smaller quantities, now I usually go with Firesprint. Depends what material you want to use (BOPP vs vinyl, white vs clear).

Oddly enough every time I get a quote from Discount Labels they're always the most expensive so I don't even bother with them anymore. Maybe they're better for runs of 10M or more, but I rarely do that kind of volume.